Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AMD 1700+XP Cooling

I am running the standard voltage 1.75. There is no need for me to raise the voltage! It is a ECS k7s5a with overclockers bios.
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

I almost picked up the dragon orb 3 today or the new 7+ but couldn't bring myself to the $50 cost just yet. I may have to though if I want to get the temps down on this thing. I'm going to wait until I get the new case and Arctic 3 installed and see what happens, then go from there.
    Logan826

you guys are lucky, my xp 1800 got 55 degrees average and the higest is 60 degress C ! I'm using standard HSF from AMD and my case have 2 80' intake, 2 80' exhaust. I wonder what went wrong with my PC :confused:

The HSF's supplied by AMD are really nowhere near the best available just enough to do the job, in most cases, sometimes not though. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

The Volcano 7+ will FAR out-perform the Dragon Orb. So choose wisely

I agree with Zeradul on that...and TESNA what type of case cooling do you have if any at all?: peace2:
    - Damien

Flaco, were you talking to Zeradul, Wiggo or me. If me, I'm running 1 80mm front intake, 1 80 side intake and 1 80mm exhaust in the back.

I was refering the question to Tesna...because he is saying that his CPU is really hot. So case cooling prolly has to do with it. With the new case having room for more fans should be a nice addition. I did just a small case mod on my side panel..i added two fans (80mm) and it made a huge difference man. After i did my mod i could actually overclock and all since my system was not getting hot at all. :thumb:
    - Damien

Logan826 does your case have room at the top to install a blowhole as this is the best way to get rid of excessive heat in a case as heat rises and builds up around the top of the case then works its way back down. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yes I have room at the top to do that. Maybe that will be my first case mode :) then I can try a window next LOL. Really I had thought about doing that, but this case (that should have been here by now) has one in the top.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information