Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Liquid cooling at Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Rev. 1.0

Default Liquid cooling at Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Rev. 1.0

Hi,
    I want to equip my system with a liquid cooling pack. I've already been searching around for quite long time, but I can't find any hardware which supports my mainboard.I already found blocks for my CPU and GPU, but I still need blocks to cool my NB, SB and voltage controllers with. Does anyone know which I should buy? Or is there anyone who has the same mainboard? I hope someone can help me with the choice.
    Sincerly,
    Japperrrr
    Last edited by Japperrrr; 02-12-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: surname removal

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Liquid cooling at Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Rev. 1.0

Are you a member of any other forums with AMD Sections? Sorry I rarely help with AMD, and never with cooling in regards to it so I would not be sure what you could use.

If you need me to show you some places where there is more AMD Users let me know

You may be better off just cooling your CPU, GFX and NB, and leave the SB out of the loop but use a good normal SB Cooler. Maybe one like this for your SB >>
    Enzotech Forged Low Profile Copper Northbridge Heatsink Products Model: SLF-1 [SLF-1] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Enzotech One-Piece Forged Copper Northbridge Heatsink Products Model: CNB-S1 [CNB-S1] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Enzotech One-Piece Forged Copper Southbridge Heatsink Products Model: CNB-S1L [CNB-S1L] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

But again about the NB Block, Not sure what would fit it. This might fit, but you would need to contact them (The company, not the store) and ask
    Enzotech Sapphire Northbridge Water Block Rev. A with "Stagger Fin Design" Products Model: SNBW-REV.A [SNBW-REV.A] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

or
    HEATKILLER« NB Rev2.1 4-Ísen Products Model: 10220 [10220] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Okee thanks anyway, maybe there're are some people who have experience with liquid cooled systems. I don't know which brands are good and which are not. There's a lot of crappy stuff for sale, and users who don't have experience, like me, don't know what to buy. And by the way, I was also thinking about leaving the SB-cooler intact, because it's seperated from the rest and it's not getting too hot, but placing the new cooling block for the NB-chip is gonna be a tough job, because it doesn't have that much space; it's surrounded by a lot of 'tiny batteries'. The only problem is that my voltage regulators are connected to my NB-chip, but it's never bad to have some extra cooling, isn't it? :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I use Water myself, but I only know about Intel based blocks. I did try to find you some for that board but didn't have much luck.

Ya SB usually if fine without being in a loop, you can always just use a small after market cooler on it to provide better than stock cooling, but it generally is fine either way as it does not get too hot.

Ya the more cooling the better, but also more work when it comes to water. If you do the NB, you may want to go ahead and maybe put the MosFets/Vreg's and the NB into their own loop. Or just do the NB Separately and use a normal mosfet heatsink for those so they are not in the loop.

Thread Information