Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cpu Fan

Thanks a lot for all the help.

I looked on dansdata webpage about the slk800 and he said that he used his own fan, so the one comming with the slk800 is loud or not... hard to say.

I was tempted by the volcano 7+, but in this review it says it's a 70mm fan? http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=188

The price is not really an issue, but I wouldn't go with watercooling just yet, since i move my computer around a lot.

If I'd choose the slk800 would you advise a particular fan? Keeping noise tolerable without loosing too much of the cooling aspect?

Thanks,
    Grypht

as far as 80mm fans go - I've got both the 68cfm & 80cfm Delta's - I consider both of them too loud, I haven't tried the 84cfm Vantec but I can't imagine it would be any different. they're not as annoying as the 60mm HO fans - they don't have the same high pitched whine - but they are LOUD. I tend to use them only when I'm trying to max out my system for benchmarks & I usually end up switching back to something a little more tolerable for long term use.

I've got a couple of 80x25mm ADDA fans that put out 50cfm - I don't find them annoying at all, I've tried one on my Alpha8045 & the performance loss isn't too substantial. I don't have the actual Db rating - but I don't find them any worse than the 42cfm Sunons. I got them from AMK Services in B.C.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/tecar.html

Compare the noise of a similar size and RPM of a fan you own, and then compare them with potential fans you might buy.

Again, every fan isn't on there, so just compare RPM and Size, and it will be very close to the same amount of noise.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Hey guys have any of you used or seen the Y S Tech TMD Magnetic Drive Fan. Looks like this:

I think its looks cool...its 18 USD and is comes w/an aluminum and copper base heatsink.
    - Damien

I have yet to find a slim-line fan that cools very well. Maybe this one is different, but I don't hold my breath.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Roger That!
    - Damien

Here's a detailed review of that fan, http://www.dansdata.com/tmdfan.htm ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Whats the big deal on having a 70mm fan...doesn't the 7+ have a 70mm fan..so whats the biggy that he meantions if you are nutz you will buy this 70mm if not wait for the 80 etc..is becuase not too many hs are 70mm?
    - Damien

Yep that right. ;)

I see thanks again WiG!: peace2:
    - Damien

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information