Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cpu Fan

Waiting for the Volcano 12 +++ with a 120mm fan sucking 125 cfm.

lol seriously I wonder if computer components will ever get hot enough to the point to require that. Then again would that be dangerous?

*puts foot down next to comp. and pants get sucked in pulling leg with it. Pulled through fan and grinded up like a nice piece of beef*

Hopefully, we can count on the chips running cooler over time. However, when you push them past specs you will generate heat. The more heat you can dissipate, the more you can push them. It's a never ending circle.

Earlier in the thread an issue came up about the weight of the HS, I think Darth brought it up. Is this an issue with the SLK800? Is the SLK600 the same? :?:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

Is this an issue with the SLK800? Is the SLK600 the same?
    Almost.... The 800 is slightly better.

The SLK800 is the best heatsink currently for sale if you want to use a slow and quiet rpm fan. It is so good, even with a slow fan, it still outperforms almost all heatsinks no matter how noisy the fan.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Is there any special consideration needed to compensate for the weight of those coolers? Are there any coolers that should be passed up due to the weight? I am thinking in terms of an Athlon system.

Thx

I think both of those heatsinks will be fine as long as they aren't dropped. You could go read Dan's comments as I'm sure he will have mentioned anything worth noting about the heatsink. The heatsinks are organized alphabetically by manufacturer.

http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Thanks Z, there is quite a bit of useful info there. I have been to that page several times before, but for some reason I seem to forget it exists after I leave it. Oh well, thanx for the reminder. :thumb:

They did a very thorough job on testing in that article on those coolers & it makes it easy to see their relative efficiency.

My vote would go for the Thermalright AX-7. From a price/performance standpoint it can't be beat. And yes, that is what I use....

Price US 24-27 dollar range....(I picked my up at KDComputers.com for $24).

I think overclocker.com probably is one of the better sites that keeps a running track on CPU cooler effectiveness.

And Dan's site has already been mentioned, so I won't repeat the referral.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information