Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cpu Fan

When i bought my processor, the guy told me that the Vantec 6035D was really good, so being stupid I bought it.

Now I am tired of the sound it makes and the performance i get. My cpu is at 60Celsius idle, and in unreal tournament, can go up to 70degre, while the room temp is around 22Celsius.

On Dansdata webpage I saw that my fan on my heatsink is a Delta AFB0612EH (60mm fan)
    http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp_p4.htm#CCK6035D

Now my question: Which fan would you advise me to put on my heatsink (copper base)? or which HSF would you recommend?

I'd like something that can keep my cpu cooler, and if possible, with lower noise

my computer is as follow:
    Athlon Xp 1800+ running at 1,53
    Asus A7V266-EX
    512 kingston DDR 2100
    Maxtor 40gigs 7200rpm ata100
    Soundblaster Audigy
    16X10X40 Yamaha Ide
    Asus 50X

(got a new case on the way, Lian LI PC86 usb, and I used the thermal compound that came with the Vantec 6035d)

Well I would probably recommend the Volcano 7 because not only does it look the coolest but I think its the best as of now. I'm not sure though. It is also copper based.

The Volcano 9 is the best so far with regards to normal coolers (no four-hole mounting). It also uses an 80mm fan with an adjustable fan speed so you can decide how much cooling (and noise) that you need at any given moment.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

VOLCANO 9!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WHERE HAVE I BEEN? When was the volcano 8 released. Apparently I got some catching up to do. I wanted to get a volcano 7 but 9?

Don't worry about it too much RD..., the Volcano 9 is a Dud.

Proof: http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp_p4.htm
    (Or just click my attached image....)

Earns a score of .60 Degrees Celcius per Watt cooled, compared with the score .52 of the Volcano 7+, and of course, lower is better, and even compared with every heatsink made in the past two years, the volcano9 is average at best.

Not to mention it is noisier and probably much more expensive than the Volcano 7.

So if I were to upgrade my CPU to something more powerful like one of the higher end AthlonXP's or even wait a while and actually wait for the hammer to be released. I should stick with volcano 7 or whatever is best at that time.

Yup, and I expect the Volcano 9 to sell for 40$+ and since the Volcano 7+ is so much cheaper, not a single volcano 9 should be purchased.

Unless of course you like Orange , noise, paying alot, and poor performance. Even the Volcano 6Cu+ out performs it! :eek:

See that's why I like the price/performance value of the Volcano 7+ plus under most conditions only medium fan speed is required. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Lets asy I bought a standard volcano 7 and slapped it on my Athlon THunderbird and went away with my WBK38 not only will my CPU temps drop but will my case temps drop as well? As well as noise levels? :?: :D

Just make sure you get the Volcano 7+ because the Volcano 7 is very different, and not nearly as good.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information