Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seen a PC burn before part 2

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    lol.....its like that video that I once saw one tom's hardware.com where hey took 4 cpu's pentium 4 2GHz, pentium 3 1GHz, athlon thunderbird 1.4GHz, athlonmp 1.2GHz, and they removed the heatsink from the processor while playing quake 3 to make sure the processor gets really hot. Upon the pentium 4 after removing the sink quake ran horrible it was getting like 10-15FPS but that's becuase the pentium 4 has a toggling heat control thingy that brings its speed down to like a few hundred Mhz when they measured the temps it got 84F (289C). upon the pentium 3 quake locked up becuase the processor shuts down when it reaches a certain temp when they measured the temps it got 100F (37.8C). That goes to show that it too has a toggling thing but not as advanced as pentium 4. THe athlon thunderbird was quite amazing. When removing the heatsink quake 3 crashed and got an error and you saw smoke comming up from the core and the core was all white the temps reached 700F (371C) and the athlonmp was basically the same thing but a little more advanced, it has a throttling thing but not nearly as advanced as intel it can only detect 1 degree per second change removing a heatsink during gameplay is far more then that. So the thermal diode failed and the processor hit 560F (293.3C). I don't know if anyone already saw this video but I told you anyway. That goes to show that if I was at school and my heatsink fell off my room or house would light up in flames? lol
    heheh yea i saw that clip....it even has cool music to go with it:D
    Epox 8RDA+
    xp2100@ 2.46ghz (214x11.5)
    Radeon 9700 pro
    512mb corsair xms3200 5-3-2-2@214
    512k ADSL
    SLK-800 HSF
    SB Audigy + Ultrasone HFI650DVD
    modded case: 2x120mm,4x80mm
    40GB Seagate Barracuda 4
    Sony trinitron 17"
    Antec Trupower 380W
    3D mark2003 : 5050

lol yup......especially the video that went along with the "unlocking the athlonxp"

:cool: So make sure your audio source is exterior to the pc you plan to burn and video tape so the cool music isn't interupted. :cool:

Wonder if AMD has seen that video, maybe someone should send it to them.:shoot3: :shoot2:

well if they haven't I'm sure it'll motivate them to put some kind of thermal protection diode in there procecessors

:cool: You coud design a tower case with the MB at the bottom lying flat - yes it would be wide - but then the HS & HSF should not fall off. :cool:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information