Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Artic Silver 3 Thermal Compound or OCSystem High Performance COPPER Thermal Compound?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thermal Compound

Hey which thermal compound would be better....??

The Arctic Silver 3 or copper compound...... these could be found in www.ocsystem.com ..... the website claims that the copper compound is very suitable...... but dunno which is better

http://www.ocsystem.com/memvidcarcoo.html

thnx

:afro:

Go with the Arctic Silver 3 as I've never heard of the other or seen a review of it for that matter and until Evergreen Technologies TherMagic Thermal Interface Material it was the best. ;)
    As for that OCZ Liquid Diamond thermal compound that they advertise I wouldn't use it if they paid me too. :eek:

Also this thread (because of it's name) would be better in the Cooling Forum so I'll move it over to there. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

oh ya... i'm new... but this forum is awesome

anyways i wanted to kno which compound is better cuz i'm getting a geforce4 ti4200 and overclocking it which i am not sure how to but read some tweaktown guides.... i ordered the thermaltake geforce4 heatsink/fan without realizing the need of the compound cuz i didnt even what it was for :p

anyways.... it would also be very helpful if u gurus help me out also by giving me tips (to the lengthy point even) to how i could maximize the performance of the card

thnx

This guide really should be enough help ya with that. ;)
    Oh and make sure that ya get none of that compound on any electrical connections or circuits or you'll soon have a dead video card. :eek:

thnx Wiggo

i just ordered the thermagic

=)

lol wiggo seems to hate OCZ more than i do:D
    Epox 8RDA+
    xp2100@ 2.46ghz (214x11.5)
    Radeon 9700 pro
    512mb corsair xms3200 5-3-2-2@214
    512k ADSL
    SLK-800 HSF
    SB Audigy + Ultrasone HFI650DVD
    modded case: 2x120mm,4x80mm
    40GB Seagate Barracuda 4
    Sony trinitron 17"
    Antec Trupower 380W
    3D mark2003 : 5050

I don't like dodgey companies that hand pic particulr parts for reviews then turn around and rip ppl off plus all their OCZ brand stuff is just someone else's product anyway. The stories about them over the last four or five years only make me hate them more.

what are the stories?? what is it so bad about them??

From dodgey products that don't work when ppl get them and then the ppl don't get any customer service for getting something done about it to the company being taken over by new companies that didn't even exist before the takeovers (mainly to get out of trouble with government departments but the faces never change) then to their latest trick of not only being taken over again but movin' this time a few blocks down the road. And some ppl just wound up getting orders that didn't even fit the order that they put in plus many, many other tales of woe. They even have the hide to want to read reviews of their products before they'll give the ok for them to be published. They also trade under a number of other names as well. :hammer:

in other words they suck
    Epox 8RDA+
    xp2100@ 2.46ghz (214x11.5)
    Radeon 9700 pro
    512mb corsair xms3200 5-3-2-2@214
    512k ADSL
    SLK-800 HSF
    SB Audigy + Ultrasone HFI650DVD
    modded case: 2x120mm,4x80mm
    40GB Seagate Barracuda 4
    Sony trinitron 17"