Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How to place thermistor?

My Ahanix Platinum XP case comes with the thermistor and a temp readout on the front. This review shows it taped to the CPU. The thermistor appears thin enough to fit between the HSF and CPU without causing any problems. Does this looks like a smart way to do it? What kind of tape would I need? Thanks for any advise.

Closer View

Yep that's the way to do it. Any good tape will do so long as it's not thick or has a metalic content but before you turn your PC back on check to be sure that the HSF sits on the CPU properly. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

The only thing that I would do differently from the picture is to cut out the edge of the tape just a bit where it is over the bridges. Though it is unlikely that you would have any problems, it's better to be safe than sorry.

And NEVER place the thermistor between the core and the heatsink. It will negate the positive effects of the sink and you will run very hot. Possibly hot enough to damage the processor.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information