Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2200+ & volcano 7+ problem

1.65 volts is the spec. ;)

My bet is on the case cooling...two 80mm exhaust fans on the back top of case below the PSU and i think that will do the trick.

Do you have side panel intake fans?
    - Damien

I will sudgest you to get a Dr thermal Extreme cpu cooler from crazypc.com.

When i first got my athlon xp 1600, i used to have a lot of overheating problems on my pc due to cheap cpu coolers.

ever since i got the Dr thermal extreme my cpu tempeture is under 40 degreess all the time,i no longer get any more overheating related system crashes on my pc.

I most warn you, although it does the job very well, this thing is very loud.:D

Good case cooling also helps.
    You are either a Man! or you aren't a Man!

ChampionOfGod,
    I would agree with your comments IF the cooler in question were a poor quality one. It is, however, the Volcano 7+ which is currently one of the better heatsinks on the market.

I'll still go with case cooling being the primary culprit here.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I agree with you Darth. He is missing something there and it ain't no CPU Cooler either. Again the case cooling is where its at...some side panel fans will do alot of good but only if he gets some exhuast fans to take the existing hot air out. With out that whats the point ...?
    - Damien

right now i have 2 case fans running in it one is on the side coming in and one is on the back. i also have the dual fan PS. tommaorw im going to buy a intake fan for the front of the case. but it looks like the t-breds just burn really hot. i really havent had any crashes that are heat related though. and i have seen that some people are happy with their cpus going at 59C (stupid people. but then some people have them down to 48 at a load. one guy had it down to 24 but that was a water cooler. so as long as the temp doesnt start to go up i will just be happy with the 3 case fans. the one thing that i think AMD should do before the 2300 or faster cpus come out is put a friken yes friken heat spreader over the cores.

another question for you tho. what res do people use to run 3d mark?

Don't change any settings. Just run the test by default settings. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

For the best comparison leave you 3dmarks alone. Default setting is what many people run it at and makes a standard on the comparison. Tweak all you want but the program's settings.
    - Damien

Creator you still don't have an exhuast fan do you?...
    - Damien

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information