Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why you need more case fans

I have the 450W dual fan :p codgen PSU, my 12V holds stable and it was only $79AU :D

Almost got enough motivation last night to take pics, then realised i was going to have to plug the cammera in and download the pics, I WILL do it! NEXT WEEK I promise.

I also have to tidy up my cables, had a full rebuild the other week and must tidy cables, they are still tidy in comparison to normal, it's just i have to compensate for my flat .:p
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

:cool: That is a 'lot' of work there SegiY. A beer or two might help. :cheers:

Dr. Pete ...
    Do you just "add up" all the power draw of the fans ?
    Ahh, you know what, it's too much work, I'll just get a 400+ Watt puppy...:D

Well, The absolute most outrageous fan I have ever seen was a 15 watter. And that was a 120mm with over 80CFM. My point is this, the average 80mm fan only uses 2-4 watts, which means, you can't really add too many fans. So don't pick a power supply to power fans.

An overclocked Athlon however can consume of 100 watts, alone, and throw in a beasty vid card and you are up to 150 already.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

:cool: You might have a problem with 15 10+ watt fans. 15 at 2 watts shouldn't be a problem unless you started close to the limit.

well
    if your a cool person, ya gonna need a "cool" case!
    hehe :P
    bling bling

Quote Originally Posted by wisie
    well
    if your a cool person, ya gonna need a "cool" case!
    hehe :P
    ya, i'll be getting an antec 800 series case very soon.
    i'm debating getting an antec sx800var w/ an enermax 300w or 350w psu .... OR an antec plus860 or plus880 w/ the truepower psu that it'll come with.. hence my psu questions...

what about the "other stuff" in a case.. ie: dvd/ sblive/ burner, etc... do i just add up the power requirements ?? plz advise ..thx:?:

wisie did you choose your nickname or did someone else give it to you? Everone's :cool: .

Quote Originally Posted by drpeterbright
    wisie did you choose your nickname or did someone else give it to you? Everone's :cool: .
    Nah, i chose it ages ago.. my surname is wise, and people started calling me wisie or wise eyes in primary school, so i remembered back to then and used that.

what about the "other stuff" in a case.. ie: dvd/ sblive/ burner, etc... do i just add up the power requirements ?? plz advise ..thx
    not sure, sorry.

later. :shoot3:
    bling bling

Multiple reasons prevail.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information