Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silicone Thermal Compound

acetone eats through plastic ! and it dries your hands...: peace2:
    are cpus made of ceramic ? i think so, i hope so...

oh, and, WD-40 CREATES RUST !!! if you leave it on metal, it will rust faster. :thumbs do

I suppose if you use WD-40 you could follow up with TSP (Tri-Sodium Phosphate) it would remove any oil and leave no residue when followed by a clear rinse.
    TSP is often used to prep a surface for painting because of these very characteristics - great stuff!
    TSP not available in some areas due to local laws
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by E^vol
    oh, and, WD-40 CREATES RUST !!! if you leave it on metal, it will rust faster. :thumbs do
    Um are you sure about this? From my point of view wd-40 helps remove squeeks and rust. Or not remove rust but should I say help the item deal with rust. Its a rust intimitor.

In my experience WD-40 is garbage, if it removes TIM easily it will be the first real use I have ever found for it.

Remember years ago that stuff in the generic silver can - Miracle Mist. That stuff rocked, free a rusted bolt like nobody's business.

Anybody know where I can get some of that??
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

dura lube works great also

You can use regular STC. But keep in mind that you may need to reapply it once in every 6 months, and do your best not to get the stuff on your skin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information