Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you guys think?

I would add at least one case fan if I were you - & something to blow across your hard drive too.
    the 7200rpm Maxtor's get pretty hot - I've RMA'd 9 so far that have failed due to heat. All of these were getting 10-16hrs/day of use - some in a RAID0 config. - but why risk it for the price of a bay fan?

It's too simple - Heat is the enemy - kill the enemy. Give all your components a chance.

I was talking about the case temperature. An Intake fan cannot reduce the temperature that much. Though I have succeeded in cooling the CPU to room temperature and below using water cooling. Obviously the crack with nitrogen cooling reveals the ignorance of the writer (at low temperatures doped silicone acts as an insulator). The safe operating temperatures of a CPU is between 0 to 65 deg C. Though it will preform best at the range of 20 - 55 deg C. It may surprise some but two different CPUs from the same wafer can have different optimal working temperatures within the above range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information