Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: athlon xp 1700+ with volcano 7+ with arctic silver 3 at 50c.

Hi there The__tweaker, im from Borås :)

Best Regards
    JemyM

Ahh Borås, not to far from my bro... :)

L8er...

My Xp1700+ runs at around 42C under load with an Alpha PAL8045 & a 50cfm fan - case temp around 27C/ambient 23-25C
    It ran a little cooler with the 80cfm Delta - but not enough warrant the noise in my opinion.

I would think a Volcanoe7+ would be capable of at least matching the performance of an Alpha.

I think it would too RDR as I got those same temps when I ran my XP1800+ at stock speed on medium fan speed (runnin' @ XP2100+ now though but still on medium until room temps hit 30c). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Hmm how high is the room temp again?
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

That was during winter here when the room temps where in that range. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yeah, it's freeing in my room right now. Has to be on the verge of 40 Farenheight
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

For the Swedish gent running a 1200 with a Swiftech 462 and still getting 60c+......I'd be a bit concerned that you don't have the hsf installed right. My 1333@1537 never got over about 45c in a room at 28c. I had to NOT install the small lug washers that fit thru the mobo so that it would make correct contact with the core...the holes in the mobo were too small for the washers and lifted the hsf above the core so that the correct pressure could not be applied...and the riht pressure IS VERY IMPORTANT....I just put the bolts thru the mobo with a small piece of tape insulating them.....the instructions for installation warn about some mobo mounting holes being too small.
    The older I get...the better I was

CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) XP/MP/4 1599 MHz
    FSB: 133 MHz
    Memory: 512 MB
    Graphics Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 500
    Driver Version: 6.13.10.4041
    Video Memory: 64 MB

Heatsink: Dragon Orb 1 w/ Artic Silver 2
    Fans: 1 Case Fan on intake and 1 Case Fan on exhaust
    -----
    I get 60C running nothing but Window XP Home Edition and Norton Anti-Virus

I get 70C running Morrowind sometimes.
    -----

I know this is a major problem. I'm purchasing a Volcano 7+ heatsink to replace my Dragon Orb 1, and I'm not sure what fan I'm gonna put on the heatsink. I'm going to apply Artic Silver 3 to my heatsink.

I have also bought 2 more CompUSA brand case fans, but I might just buy two Vantec Stealth case fans and give my brothers the CompUSA brand case fans.

First I have to make two new holes in my case because I don't have anywhere else to put my CompUSA fans.

ya those temps are pretty high. Do you have any sorta ventilation in your case? Other then a PSU fan? Cuase if you have no kinda ventiliation then the fan on your HSF will be doing nothing but circulating hot air. Also when you say xp/mp/4 you do relize that, that is 3 different processors right? Which one do you have? The AthlonXP 1900+ the AthlonMP 1900+ or the Athlon4 1.6GHz?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information