Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: computer cooling

Hello everyone I just have a ??? to ask what is a good temp to run a over clocked cpu. I have it running at around 40c. Is that to hot or should i just let it be. I haven't made any mod's two it but a couple i have found here. I setup a cool intake that dropped the temp by 5 degree's how can i get it lower with out changing the stock cpu fan????????

Intel 1.7 Clocked at 2.18
    Asus P4S533 motherboard
    512mb pc2700 DDR
    60gig Maxtor hardrive (7200rpm)

If that temp is under full load then you have plenty of room to manouver as throttling doesn't kick in till around 75c with P4's but anything under 60c fine. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

not sure if it's at full load if you could help me by explaining what that means. I know when running app's or say editting video and burning it sits at about 41c. It's also a celeron processor. I haven't had to do alot of changing for that tempature just what i have done in the pick. Still having stock cpu fan and heat sink. How much of a difference would it be if just adding some artic silver 3. Thankyou for your time. Still trying to learn this overclocking thing....

:snip: = :hammer: =:flames:

Why would you want to go any lower when ya already have more than enough room to spare? :?:

Well the thing is that the chip can comfortable be clocked at 2.35 and thats where i want to take it but i just want to take the pre cautions before doing so. I know that it will but keeping it cool that high i just want to make sure. I also see you like AMD processor. Do you see a big difference between the two (INTEL and AMD).

Only that Intel hurts my wallet too much here so that's why I build AMD setups for myself and many others (there was a time when I use to do a few Intels but that was back in the PII/PIII days). :smokin:

Thread Information