Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fall Clean UP

Well tonight i did some fall cleaning with my system...and compressed air blew dust on the components. Took out my Volcano 7+ fan cover and took off the layer of dust...(thick stuff no wonder my temps were getting higher) air wouldn't get through the thin fins. I also added filters to all my intake fans...to prevent any dust build up on the components.

I know the thread is useless but i thought i would share this with you guys....BTW my temps are 5 degrees lower...which is great....(i replaced my ASIII TIM with a new coat of it.)
    - Damien

Yes I've got to get into the misus' PC soon and do that but I've got to pull the PSU to get to the bloody HSF clip. :mad:

I'll add a couple of fans to it while I'm at it;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

ya compressed air works wonders. I don't have any intake filters on my system what so ever. I feel it blocks to much air. In fact I even took the grills off the inside part of the fans (to prevent wires from getting cut up) cuase it blocked to much airflow. Its quite risky especially when I remove the side panel and I hear the sound of a baseball card in the spoke of a bike. But in my opinion its worth it. Its that or getting higher speed fans but then that'll be a cost for noise.

well i 'll see how it goes with the filters and if i see its working i'll leave it if not they are out of there.

WiGGo a buddy mine bought a case that you had to take the PSU to get to the HS clip...pain in the butt man...

I never used filters but i am giving them a try...right now the audigy is picking up alot of freaking noise!
    - Damien

is that a mini atx? My brother had the same setup. THe PSU actually sat over the mobo. And you had to take it out to service....................ANYTHING. Man o man that really hogs air trying to get to the HSF and actually poses about a 15-30 degree difference. WOW.

I'll check it out...monitoring my Temps as we speak ("speak"?...we don't speak in forums we type)
    - Damien

lol yup I say that alot in AIM. well not those exact words but similar.

Yeah you should have seen the dust sitting in my compaq. I took it apart for some pics of the parts for my thread in the trading post. The power supply sits over the mobo just like your brother's respawn. But anyway my computer actually starts up quicker for reason... oh well :o.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    FLaCo[/size]]
    WiGGo a buddy mine bought a case that you had to take the PSU to get to the HS clip...pain in the butt man...
    That's the prob of the Gigabyte board and its socket positionin', another reason I like EPoX boards better. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    That's the prob of the Gigabyte board and its socket positionin', another reason I like EPoX boards better. ;)
    This is true...Abit is alright in that department as well...gonna invest on EPoX next time...
    - Damien

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information