Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Temp seems too high.

hehe, that is nice. I look forward to using that program once I get me mobo back (yes I am talking like popee now!). hehe

And here's a shot of the dashboard which contains the rest of the information. Some mobo's will have more sensors which will fill more of the blank areas but each fan or temp reading must be set to a sensor first for it all to work. ;)

This is the control panel where you match a MBM5 sensor to mobo one. ;)

That looks liek a pretty nice program there Wiggo :thumb:
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Yes, I configured it, read through the help file, and discovered it did not support my motherboard. Besides not being in the list of supported motherboards, there is a section that says "run system info (in MBM5), look ____. If it says 'nothing' then your motherboard is not supported and MBM5 will not work."

When I try to select a sensor from the sensor list, it is empty - just says "none" and "custom" (and custom didn't do anything I could see.) So, is there anything else I can use?

In reference to the fan directions:

I have 5 external fans. The front two are blowing air into the case, over the side-mounted hard drives. The fan on top is blowing air out of the case. The powersupply fan in back is blowing air out, of course, and the fan below it is blowing air in.

Before you condemn this setup, let me tell you the function of the rear intake fan. There is a fan on the bottom of the power supply to suck air out of the bottom area of the case and blow it out the back. This way, there is a circular airflow specifically for the processor - blowing in directly over the processor from the rear fan, being pulled up by the heatsink's internal fan and then out of the case by the heatsinks exhaust fan.

For the sake of investigation, though, I did reverse the direction of the rear fan when I first put the machine together. As soon as my temperatures went over the original highest readings, though, I shut it down and put the fan back in its original direction. It seems to work best in this configuration.

You may want to look at this then as it's about the only way left, http://www.dansdata.com/t3s.htm ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

That looks pretty cool. I really would like to get the correct readings off the diode in the chip, though, instead of installing more thermistors. The consensus is that the Asus probe is reading it incorrectly? (On purpose to dissuade overclocking?) Has anyone run Asus Probe and MBM5 on an older board at the same time and seen different readings? Wouldn't this mean that Asus was actually purposely giving incorrect readings? I mean, how hard is it to grab a number out of a register and display it?

Does anyone know of any 3rd party alternatives to Asus Probe that support the A7V8X board? I would definitely like to test this out.

Thanks for all the help!

Older boards that support both 99% of the time has MBM5 showing lower temps. The KT400 chipset is really new atm so MBM5 will be updated soon enough to be able to communicate with them. There are a couple of other programs out there but I've no links to them atm though they to maybe in the same boat with your board too. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know about another good piece of software.
    Aida32
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

It was able to read my sensor and had all the info about my motherboard. Unfortunatley, it's reporting approximately the same temperature as the PC Probe software. It's a little lower, but I think that it might just be more precise, and doing less rounding. The difference is never more than 1 degree C.

It's amusing that sometimes the PC Probe can't get a reading now because Aida is polling constantly, and starts giving me an alarm.

Anyway, it doens't seem like there is malicious tampering of the readings by Asus. However accurate the reading is, it's what is on the diode.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information