Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: water coolers

I am just getting into overclocking and tweaking, and I wanted to ask ya'll a question...after finding out how much water cooling systems cost, I decided to get a regular heatsink for a while, then I found this one for only $100(us). now I can afford that, but its from a no name...do ya'll think I should make due till I can afford a good brand, will this thing work, ro should I not worry about water cooling yet??? any advice is welcomed.

check out the url for the water cool system...
    http://www.icebergcooler.com/

thanks,
    BIGJOE

I've read a couple of reviews on these before and they didn't do to bad at all (though not quite as well as their tellin' it) but all did stipulate replacing the pump with an Eheim 1048 did improve performance and reliability (reviews are old now, can't even find them now, but pumps where their weak link, it may have improved but the specs don't show it). :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

should I go with it or stick to an air heat sink like the volcano 9???

BIGJOE

Are you up for the extra upkeep and precautions involved with a watercooled setup? If not go for a Volcano 7+ as medium fan speed is all that most require and that is silent to me but full speed doesn't worry me either when needed (about 4c better than the Volcano 9). ;)

Your probably better off getting the Volcano 7+ for now. You can get one at www.powerstartpc.com for not much. And when you get enough money for a really nice water cooling setup you can get it then (if you still need it).
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Yeah I like the 7+....quiet and keeps the ole processor cool! :lips:

That's good. Can't wait till I get my comp stuff :thumb:
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

what makes the volcano 7+ better than the 9???
    Why would the later model be less efficent???
    One last question, are those swiftech heatsinks worth fifty bucks, are they better than the sacred volcano 7+???
    I don't have many options for case fans so I want to get the best heatsink possiable for the money.

BIGJOE

The problem with the 9 is that it's an aluminium heatsink with a copper core, where the 7+ is all copper. The problem the 9 has is that the aluminium can't dissipate the heat as fast as the copper core can deliver it even with the more powerful fan. ;)

If you really want the best air cooling available then go with a Thermalright SLK-800 with a Thermaltake SMART II fan. :thumb:

Thread Information