Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who needs air cooling when......

You can cool with liquid nitrogen. Click here for the article. They are cooling there Radeon 9700 with the nitrogen. They got a 3dMark Score of 20000. WOW!
    I think they have also cooled a processor with the nitrogen? Oh yeah, the article is not in english....but I think the pics are enough!!!!!
    :thumb:

Alot of those are one off uses, a bit of a waste, and not a real score (cheating) if you ask me
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

might be, but I thought it was cool looking. Did you see the ice forming all around the video card and on the mobo. I thought the crystrals on the other side of the vpu that formed were cool.

While LN2 can result in some massive clock speeds, it does tend to destroy the components rather quickly. If only I could have enough disposable income to be able to get a brand new processor and OC it til it cooks. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Wow, that is something...i remember a while back the highest 3d mark was 17 grand (Ti4600)...now look at this...and that 4GHz monster...nice:thumb:

Yes, the ice formation around the GPU is badass...:thumb:
    - Damien

I really do not think I would even consider using LN2 to cool my overclocked hardware...even if I had the extra income. It is foolish, but cool for other ppl to do and show me some cool pictures! :thumb:

I wouldnt do that to my poor computer. I wouldnt mind some water cooling to see what the 9700 is really capable of achieving though :D.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

hehe, yeah that would probably be sweet! I would not mind seeing someone set up a water cooled radeon9700 and see what it actually made of!!!! :laugh:

No doubt it won't be long and some one will

:D, My radeon is currently running at: Core, 318mhz - Memory, 353mhz.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information