Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on my temps ....

Hi -

I am thinking of replacing my heatsink/fan with a new one, for various reason's ... one being of course that I think my temps are a bit to high, but not sure ... I have two questions:

1) are my temps high low or borderline ?

2) what heatsink should I get ? I was thinking Shiftech MCXC370 or Thermaltake Volcano 7.

Thanks for any help :)

specs:

MB: ASUS KTV133 rev. 1.05
    BIOS: 1007
    CPU: AMD-XP 1700+ Vcore1.75
    OC: NO
    MEM: 1+ GIG
    HD: 6 Maxtors/60gig's
    VIDEO: GeForce3 23.11 drv.

Current Temps:
    CPU 55c very small load
    MB 31c
    CPU FAN 5868 rpm

: )

maybe you should check out the Alpha PAL8045 as they are a great cooler and a pleasure to install
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Yeah go for the alpha!
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

I'm not sure of the price of the Alpha's but I think they are around the price of the Swiftech MCXC370.

My MCXC370 cost me $AU147 delivered from the States and was a dream to install with its 3-prong clips. Its cooling is almost as good as the MC462A on #2son's machine ($AU200). If you have a look at the cooling comparison on Overclockers.com you will see the Swiftech coolers occupy the top 3 spots, closely followed by the Alpha. The MCXC370 (papst 33cfm fan) is quieter than the MC462 (delta 68cfm fan).

Given that the Swiftechs and the Alpha coolers are approaching the limits of straight air cooling, and both AMD and Intel are limited by the heat their offerings generate, either of the coolers will probably remain state-of-the-art and last you a long time.

Good luck

its only about $120 something for a PAL8045 from www.below-0.com in aust (qld)
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!

The Alpha gets my endorsment - I have one w/an 80cfm delta fan - a little noisy, but it cools a ton.
    You can get good perfromance with a 42 cfm Sunon too, if noise is an issue.

or a 50cfm sunon... or even just a 12v/7v/5v switch... :)

I think the sunon cools better!
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

:snip: :shoot2:

:D

Cool, i like the smilies, just tryin them out.

Shepps

Yeah they are the best!
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information