Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quiet + cool cooler

Im just about to buy a new pc with a AMD XP 1800+.
    As my computer is close to where i sleep, I need a fan that will be quite, however, it will also need to keep my cpu cool while playing Unreal Tour. 2003 and Battlefield 1942.
    So far I have seen good reviews for the Volcano 7+ and the Zalman CNPS6000-Cu. any suggestions or feedback from these two?

:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce:

thanks
    :wave:

Yeah go with the Volcano 7+ and its a lot cheaper than the Zalmans too. It may be a bit louder but you can just turn down the fan speed when you sleep and turn it up to medium or full when you are playing games :thumb:

Also have a look at the Volcano 9.....it may not be as good as the 7+ but it has thermal probes which you can configure so that the fan speed automatically decreases when temperatures are low.

Ive been told that the volcano 9 has some serious noise problems... As does the 7+, is this true?

Yes the 7+ does too and is quieter on full speed than the 9 as well. I've found that only extreme heat here gets me to use high speed here (switches handly located) and medium all other times except for nite when they're switched to low. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Any comments on the Zalman CNPS6000-Cu, or is it not worth the extra $20???

thanks

The Zalman I wouldn't touch sorry as it's not up to my cooling standards. : peace2:

I just responded to a very similar post, so I'll copy/paste my response from there. Sorry for the lack of additional individuality:

Through the course of my testing of heatsinks, I have found that as a general rule, the Zalman coolers do not perform as well as most others on the market. I have seen other sites that tout the greatness of these coolers, but in my test system (which always consists of a full tower case and ample airflow), the Zalman units don't do well.

Just my two cents worth. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I found that my 7+ screems like a banshe, but thats no different to the rest of my system :p
    But it its a rather high pitch screem.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Well I'd tell ya about the noise of mine but I can't here them over the noise of 1 SMART FAN II on full speed atm (I shouldn't have wired the speed controller into the case 1st). :devil win

would it be louder than my 120mm???
    it's only about 50cfm though and it's a deep noise instead of a whine
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information