Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Volano 7 + conversion

either 3Dmark, some fracture test program i have, or just play games for ages.
    There are minimal advantages to living in tasmania :D
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Somehow then those temps just sound far to low as mine with a room temp of 23C I'm gettin' 25C system and 42C cpu while runnin' Seti (XP1800+ @ XP1900+, Server). What do ya use to load the cpu? :?:
    OK guys ! That's it ! I give up ! Damn it ! Arrhh.....:cry:
    How do you get those temps sooo low ??? I have 47C CPU and 32C system temps using my Gigabyte temp monitor (MM5 gives same temps).
    That's at idle ! Room temp is ~20C and case temp is normally 25C.
    My Volcano7+ is @ medium.
    Is my AS3 too thick ? (haha that looks like "is my ASS too thick" if you look quickly)
    ANY and ALL help would be appreciated !!
    Oh, and nothing is OC'd.
    SPAM Special Ops

with a shirt load of fans, noise and good air flow :D
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

E^vol Gigabyte mobo's I've personally found read about 6C higher than most others. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Wiggo E^vol Gigabyte mobo's I've personally found read about 6C higher than most others.
    Wiggo, I have an MSI KT333 Ultra 2 Mobo and i am seeing temps about the exact same as Evol does this mother board have a temp monitering error as well? I have two 32 cfm 80mm fans for intake and 3 32 cfm exhaust, one in the top as a blowhole and one rear case exhaust as well as the PSU fan. I just added a 8000 rpm YStech 40 cfm fan over the top of the HSF and i have not noticed the temp drop that i was hoping to get. Could this be because of the MOBO?

It's possible but I've usually restricted myself the last couple years to usin' mainly EPoX boards and some Gigabyte ones but some Abit's have been in there as well, MSI and Asus I've personally found here not to be cost effective (this changes from area to area/country to country), the Abit,s and EPoX's read the same with the Gigabyte's bein' that 6C higher (Asus boards that have been here for work though vary quite wildly from +4C to as much as +15C and for the price that ya pay here for them ya'd think they'd improve on this in at least the last 4yrs that I know of). : peace2:

But like I said, MotherBoardMonitor5 gives me the same temp readings...Or is that because it just uses the same sensors that the mobo would ?
    ps.I just got a new fan on the side panel. No diff.
    SPAM Special Ops

That has to do with the calibration of the monitoring chips which is usually set by the manufacturer though Gigabyte have been usin' SIS chips of late and these I find arn't near as good as Winbond chips. ;)

ohhh..........that sucks...
    SPAM Special Ops

It does sorta and it took me a few months to get use to the higher readings but prepare ya self for mobos that give true core readings as you'll find these higher again. ;)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information