Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which HSF?

I am about to buy a new heatsink and am wondering what you guys suggest. I have noticed that nearly everybody uses the Volvano 7+, but from what i've read, the SLK800 with a smartfan II on it should be a better performer(although over twice the price).

Do you guys think it is worth my money to get the SLK800, or is the extra cooling not worth the money?

If you can afford the SLK-800 then go for it but most of us can only afford the 7+ but it does do it's job. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

if your not worried about $'s then the SLK-800 is the better but not but $60-$70's (AU$) if you ask me, go to www.dansdata.com and have a look at the cooler comparison.
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Question how loud do u want it ???

The SKL-800 is the best HS out there atm combined with a vantec tornadao or delta 80mm that pushes 80+cfm u will have the best air cooling u can get for HSF.

There are also over good HS and Fan combinations u can use.

I say a AX7 coupled with the Smart Fan II will make a good choice u could get this package for under $100 AUD which is a good deal.

:D

Project Tweakers .. Tweakers IRC .. MSN contact: roswellalien670@hotmail.com .. Google ..

My Rig: Amd 2100+ .:|:. V7+, ASIII .:|:. Shuttle AK35GTR .:|:. 512mb Winbond DDR .:|:. ATI Radeon 8500 64mb .:|:. 2x 40gb Seagate ATA 100 .:|:. LG 40x16x10 .:|:. Liteon 16x DvD .:|:. Intel Pro B and 3com 10/100 nics .:|:. SB live 5.1 DE .:|:. Enermax 710b Windowed .:|:. LG 17" F700b .:|:.

Hello all first time posting here.Nice place you have hear with lots of good info.Although this is my first post I have been here reading for some time and there is very good info here.

Anyway I have a question about swiftech's MCX462+T Thermoelectric heatsink.Has anybody used this??What do you think the good and bad features are?I was thinking about getting this setup and the extra power supply you need to run this puppy but I wanted to see if anybody has used this before.I have read a couple reviews on it but the ones that I have read still left me confused and not knowing what kind of temps you get and how much it helps you in overclocking.

The model that you're looking at uses a peltier element in the cooling process of your processor. While the peltier system has huge advantages where cooling in concerned, it has a very limited life span. What this means to you is that your peltier unit can just quit working on you with no advance warning signs. Since this unit will still be mounted between the processor core and an already proven MCX462 HSF, you will have little to no cooling on your processor when it decides to crap out on you.

Bottom line, it cools like nobody's business, but when it dies, it is likely your processor will follow within a few seconds.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

if vantec tornado..... tornado loud
    i have one as a part time chasis fan.... only goes on when system temps seem higher or when expecting high workload... sounds like a vacuum cleaner, but does wonders for air movement. (ive also got the larger 92mm fan which is a little louder, but i couldnt resist when i saw the 118 CFM on the box)

Even at half speed the SMART FAN II is noisy and irritating at high speed. :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

does anyone know where to get the vantec's in AUS?
    coz i need a better 92mm for the bottom of my case, that ones only rated at 50cfm :(
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Hey SegiY, could a 80mm be made to fit there? Because the SF and SFII's are very nice fans :thumb:
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information