Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Overheated (booted) by 2d game

So I tried this old 2d adventure game that does nothing but show still images with text. This game where obviously not very well programmed, my CPU (2100+) rised 5 just by playing it.

Whats making it worse, is that my cpu idle is a whopping 57. This with a Swiftech MCX462-A. With the extra 5 I passed 60 making my computer reboot itself after a blue screen.

This happened 3 times in a row.

So now I wonder... What the **** am I doing wrong? :P Shouldnt cpu's with MCX462-A go below like 50?

Im using Arctic Silver II, i have an intake/outtake in a DragonTech... No overclocking...

Best Regards
    JemyM

Check the mounting again to make sure that you're getting good contact with the core. If this is ok then your case isn't providing enough airflow and this can be checked by opening the case to see how the case temps change, if they go down then there's ya prob. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Alright, Ill open the tower and take a look.
    The way a MCX462-A is mounted makes me questioning that the cpu doesnt have good contact with the core.

Another thing that I tought about is that I have 4 harddrives a cd burner and a dvd player, all in the same tower. It could be thoose that gives the ...

Best Regards
    JemyM

Well you should try and pick up some AS3 as that will drop the temps a tad. Next make sure you didnt put too much AS2 on. I did so my temps were around 48C. I took it off then reapplied a much thinner coat. I'm getting around 38C now :rolleyes2
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Uhm... To much... To much, yeah, I may have put "to much" on...
    We may say that I made sure the core where covered enough to not be seen under the coat.
    How do I know whats enough? Ill better grab AS3 and make a new try. If only there would be some new AMD's out soon I could do the "de-coating" while upgrading the cpu. (got a 2100+ now and I rather grab nv30 than a new cpu).

Best Regards
    JemyM

You want it to just cover the core. Maybe a mm or so. Remember its just there so the HSF can make good contact. The HSF sits quite low so it doesnt need much at all.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

MCX462-A is screwed in place, and applies a pretty good pressure upon the core. It could happen however, that there is a bit to much goo between the core and the MCX462-A, causing a serious rise in .

I also blame the appartment I live in. Sometimes the temperature is rather high, and there is another computer in the room, giving an extra boost in .

Yesterday it was a bit colder, and the CPU was about 53. A serious difference from the close to 60 im used with.

I intend to do watercooling in the near future, but it is a question of money that stands between me and the water.
    That, and the fact that I never found any good information about Cooling Blocks/Coldplates in my last research.

Best Regards
    JemyM

You only require a layer of AS/II/III or anyother thermal paste as thin as a sheet of paper applied evenly. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I covered it as thin as I could, but making sure that the black cpu core could not be seen through the goo. :)
    Wich might indeed be to much :P

Best Regards
    JemyM

Thread Information