Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: amd temps

Ok stray thread fixed. :D

imadude don't confuse the lowly Volcano 7 with the Volcano 7+ as they are both miles apart. ;)

Hey Wiggo.

Right about making the distinction im sure. I dont know what my buddy has...probably a 7 though. Is that the one that makes your ears bleed internally or externally?

There is no doubt that the Volcanos (or to fair the 7+ or 9+) have some good points going for them. Everytime i walk into my "freindly neibourhood computer shop" (building systems for incompetent freinds) the volcano is all they ever reccomend. The price is sure better than my "imported" Coolermaster at $87 (plus 15% tax) canadian.

On the other hand, i'd rather not have to wear earmuffs while posting messages on TweakTown! I'd happily pay the extra few dollars for a quiet system. Then again, us Canadians allways wear earmuffs anyway.

Good site for HSF reviews. They even have sound files.

http://www.frostytech.com

Give CPU Idle a try. It does a great job of lowering temps (10-13c) and does not affect performace during basic tasks (meaning i turn it off when doing video editing and the like)

Way too accurate..haha

CPU idle is only any good at idle but as my PC's run 24/7 and always under constant load it would be a waste anyway (better to just turn it off instead of leavin' it idle). The Volcano 9 is just a SMART FAN II upgrade of the Volcano 7 (just more noise) but the 7+ is nowhere near as loud as those at full speed plus usually I won't use more than medium speed with the 7+ even overclocked. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by imadude
    Then again, us Canadians always wear earmuffs anyway.
    Speak for yourself, I wear a tuque! :laugh: :laugh:
    SPAM Special Ops

I run an Asus A7N8X with an AMD Athalon XP 1800+. Got the Volcano 7 on it with Spectra-Cool (non-silicone) heatsink compound. This board has a monitoring utility and an automatic fan RPM adjuster. My CPU runs an average 39C and the Mobo around 34C. Never goes over 40C on the CPU. Of course I am not overclocking either, I am satisfied with the speed and if I wanted it to be faster, hell, I'll just buy another processor. Overclocking is a chance you take of burning up your cash. Been there, done that.

seems like pretty good temps my man!

I dont remember what my 2100+ did at stock speed with my Coolermaster, but i doubt it was that good.

Overclocking is a risk...and the diffrence in performace is pretty damn minimal is real world application, but then what would i do with my time????

I suppose i should get a haircut and get a real job.

Imadude: peace:

imadude please read this thread, http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...;threadid=7273, even if ya've already been there please read it again thoroughly. : peace2:

<center> </center>

Read the thread, and I guess I didn't elaborate on the details. Besides the CPU cooler, I run a PCI slot cooler near the bottom of the case, I have an 80mm fan at back and center near my GeForce4 Ti4600 card(just for the extra air movement across it), I installed the RAM cooling plates with the fan attached to it, I also run a dual fan box that takes up one Drive Bay, it is at the top and blows all collected hot air from the top of the tower straight out the front(this is one cooler I recommend everyone get), the harddrive has its own bay with dual fans running cool air over it, and the Power supply is a 500 watt Dual-fan. I figured the one thing that nails your system is heat, so I really tried to do my best to keep it ventilated, although I am not yet sastisfied with the config yet. Some day I suppose I will figure out what is needed for optimum cooling power. Water cooling.....now there's a whole different subject.

Drak OUT.

Forgot to mention, I just purchased the round IDE cables, and they are quite a set-up. Air restriction to a minimum is exactly the way to describe it. With all the ventilators that are running in my tower, the only ones that blow "in" are the Harddrive fans. There are side vents, but most of the cooler air is drawn in from the bottom front of the case. And since it's near the floor, its about the coolest air I can afford.

My XP 2400+ right now i overclocked to about 2250 Mhz...15x multiplier and 162 FSB....my temps idle at 40C...and at full load up to about 45-47

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information