Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: amd temps

My system:
    Athlon xp 2000+
    gigabyte ga-7vrxp
    512mb samsung ddr
    asus geforce 4 mx420

im running win xp pro and get cpu temps of 61-63C after 30-40 mins of booting. initially i get around 50C which doesnt last long. i had heard that xp chips run at high temps so didnt bother about it. but then everyone here says the temp should be below 50C ... im using the heatsink provided by amd ... im not having any problems as such ... but since the temps are high should i change the heatsink? also ive only got one fan ...
    i was planning on overclocking but the temps stopped me.
    if i do overclock what should i set the fsb to?? the multiplier is 12.5 ... and i dont want to change that physically.

i was getting when 61C when the mobo was set to 100mhz when i made it 133mhz(after having the comp for more than 5weeks i realised this!!! :?: :D ) its become 69C.

Your motherboard is using one of the newer chipsets. Many of these models use the internal temperature readings available through the AthlonXP processor. If this is the case, then your temperatures are not that far out of line. If you are getting the results from a thermal probe on the mainboard, then you should take a hard look at your case cooling and HSF choice.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I have that motherboard (PC No.2 in sig) and it does read higher than most but those temps are getting to much (I've got to keep it below 60C as at 65C errors start) so maybe your case ventilation needs to be looked at. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Sounds like you are experiencing some very normal, yet unsettleing AMD temps.

The stock AMD HSF is pretty ****. with a coolermaster HSC V62, I have my 2100+ overclocked to a 110% stable 1.85Ghz at only 1.75v and my temps are 49c idle at 3400rpm and the highest it goes is about 55c at around 4200rpm. This HSF is VERY quiet and does a good job.

With a Coolermaster HHC-001 i can get abour 44c idle and highest at about 50c. it sounds like a jet, but i can get it to a stable 1.90Ghz at these temps.

I was freaking out at the original temps too, but that is AMD. Deal with the heat the best you can and then enjoy the ride...

Imadude
    ASUS A7V333
    2100+ 1.73@1.85Ghz
    Coolermaster HSC-V62 HSF
    2 Rear Case Fans
    ATI AIW 8500DV (heat sucker)
    Maxtor 40gig x 2 RAID 0: peace:

Are you using any thermal compound ?
    Don't forget about the tried, tested and true Volcano 7+ !
    I have mine set to medium and I'm getting ~46-47C
    What kind of case cooling setup do you have ? I have 5 80mm case fans (a bit loud) with a case temp of ~25C and a system temp of ~32C. See my sig for details.
    imadude, where in Montreal do you live ? I'm in Pierrefonds (West Island).
    SPAM Special Ops

hey my man...

im from DDO originally, but live downtown now. i MUST know you! haha

I use Arctic Silver compound and have 2 rear 80mm case fans. Dont have any front case fans, but there seems to be a nice airflow going through it anyways.

I know the Volcano 7 all to well...my roomate down the hall from my office has it on his system. i can hear it down the hall and in my room with the door closed. not much louder than my HHC-001 though!!!

I get MB temps of around 26-28c max. I actually have my HSC-V62 a heat ajustable fan...mounted on my HHC 001 heatsink....that way i get better coooling (overclocking) but with none of the noise.....its really really quiet....not "silent" but damn good.

Cheers my man.
    imadude@hotmail.com
    :cheers:

hey my man...

Damn...just posted a new thread by accident.....im a newbie..sorry.

sounds like you gotta sweet setup... my freind jsut got a p4 2.8 with the Antec 660 case....very sweet.

im from DDO originally, but live downtown now. i MUST know you! haha

I use Arctic Silver compound and have 2 rear 80mm case fans. Dont have any front case fans, but there seems to be a nice airflow going through it anyways.

I know the Volcano 7 all to well...my roomate down the hall from my office has it on his system. i can hear it down the hall and in my room with the door closed. not much louder than my HHC-001 though!!!

I get MB temps of around 26-28c max. I actually have my HSC-V62 a heat ajustable fan...mounted on my HHC 001 heatsink....that way i get better coooling (overclocking) but with none of the noise.....its really really quiet....not "silent" but damn good.

Cheers my man.
    imadude@hotmail.com

sorry about the thread guys.

I thought i was posting a reply. pressed the wrong button.

Appologies from the stupid newbie.

No prob. We all screw up some time. I screw up all the time...
    My wife is from DDO, I am from Vaudreuil, we live in Pierrefonds, and the plan is sell our condo and buy a house back in Vaudreuil. :laugh:
    SPAM Special Ops

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information