Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Volcano 9 to loud!

hi ther peeps...

i have this specs in my computer:
    amd xp 2200+
    gigabyte motherboard with via kt400 chipset
    512 333 drr ram
    geforce 4 mx
    120gb wd hdd
    2 zalman vents in my case for better cooling
    thermaltake volcano 9 (WAAAAY TOOO LOUD!!!)

my cpu cooler is volcano 9. i knew before i buyed it that it is very loud, but it does what it should do the best. well... that's what i thought... or?

i'm not an overclocker! the temperature of my cpu is approx 55C (131F). this is the temp with Volcano 9 with 5600rpm. and i think it's to large. i hoped that with the vol9 i will get the cpu temp to 40C or something like that but no.. also i got two vents in the case.

well, enough with that story.. i just need to know, which THERMALTAKE or ZALMAN (only this two!) CPU cooler to get, that isn't so loud, but is quiter and gives cpu lower temp or same! it just needs to be QUITER,...

thanks for you answers

The Volcano 7+ would've been the better buy for both cooling and noise. I don't think Gigabyte changed to much with the KT400 chipset over the KT333 so the board probably reads around 6C higher than most (I know that mine does). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Wow, yet another complaint about the Volcano 9, why did they bring out such a thing if it's not as good as the Volcano 7+? It's like what NVidia did with the GeForce 4 MX series... LOL! I didn't notice you also have one of those, I guess we're just too prone to higher numbers than actual benchmarks, for instance, some Via KT333 chipsets are a little faster than the Via KT400 chipsets, other than the obvious new features of course...

I know now that it's best to research on products before you buy them, this forum is a good place to find out glitches and flaws, also good points about hardware/software.

So next time you feel like buying another comp' component, research into it deeply before you blow your money on something that you could of got better.

Also, well-known brand-names for products aren't always the best!

The biggest problem with the 9 is bad numbering as it's just an upgrade of the plain Volcano 7. Really though I spose they could've called the 7+ an Ultra instead would cut the confusion. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thread Information