Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shuttle XPC SK41G problem

At first I put a thick layer on the cpu but then it still got kind of hot, but it helped, but then I took off the heat pipe and I thinned it out and it was really thin. I put the heatpipe back on and I closed my case and I tested the temperature of the CPU again. Now I get 116-125 degrees farenheit, depending on what I use my CPU for. I got 135-142 degrees when I applied a thick layer of thermal compound on the cpu.

I usually find that you'll get another drop in temp in 36-72hrs when AS3 finally cures (not much but usually a notable 1-2C anyway). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by pr0ph3t
    lol i thought liberally meant Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes so i meant to say for him not to follow given directions of smotherinng it but to apply an amount specific to your heatsink and not to the proccessors specs, as in if the HS box says apply x-amount then apply x-amount because that is what will be dooing the cooling as the proccessor box has just a recommended amount, i do know btw that to much is bad, i was just using the strict definition of liberally. see Liberally @ dictionary.com

pr0

ps sorry if i was misunderstood, i didnt mean apply lots of thermal cpompound/paste just to do it with regards to proccessor.
    this is from your dictionary link - and what most people would assume you ment by "applying Liberally"

Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.
    Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes

yah but thats from the third ranked definition, they are ranked according to common usage, or at least most common usage online.

pr0

And maybe a few s help? :?:

yes wiggo, b33r always helps ^_^

~F34r d4 b33r~

:: pr0 ::

No sweat m8 and if ya feel like a bit of a read please do but be sure to fully read and checkout links before makin' a post (or it maybe deleted otherwise but I don't wish to do this). : peace2:

<center> </center>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information