Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shuttle XPC SK41G problem

In my new barebone system, my processor keeps over heating and my whole machine soon shuts down. I have a heat pipe with this mini barebone and it still overheats and I have also tried the heatsink and fan that came with my AMD Athlon XP processor 2000+ but it still keeps overheating. I am not sure what to do. Some thermal compound stuff came with the barebone but it never said anything about using it on the heatsink in the manual. It didn't even come with a heatsink and fan, the processor did. This came with a heat pipe that goes to the cpu. I did everything correct installing the heat pipe over the cpu and everything. It shouldn't be overheating. what do I do?

This sounds like a very similar problem i have heard a few times before, but as just a thought, have you checked the voltage settings on the mobo to see if they are higher than the cpu?
    it should say right on the amd box what the voltage is, so if its that, then just set it to whatever the core voltage supposed to be, ie if box says 3.4 v core than set the mobo to 3.4v core or as close as you can get to the listed number but remember to always round down if the motherboard voltage settings arent exactly what you need, cause nobody likes hash brown athlons.

..::pr0ph3t::..

Hyperlan

Thanks for the reply but I already solved the problem. It was the thermal grease I forgot to put on the cpu to attach to the heatsink part of the heat pipe.

sure thing, i hate it when i forget the heat sink compound
    be sure to always apply it liberally.
    pr0

Quote Originally Posted by pr0ph3t
    be sure to always apply it liberally.
    pr0

...do not apply it liberally - a very thin layer works best

Yes, too much has the opposite effect. :no:

I just did it the way it was done in the book. It looks like I skipped a step. :)

lol i thought liberally meant Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes so i meant to say for him not to follow given directions of smotherinng it but to apply an amount specific to your heatsink and not to the proccessors specs, as in if the HS box says apply x-amount then apply x-amount because that is what will be dooing the cooling as the proccessor box has just a recommended amount, i do know btw that to much is bad, i was just using the strict definition of liberally. see Liberally @ dictionary.com

pr0

ps sorry if i was misunderstood, i didnt mean apply lots of thermal cpompound/paste just to do it with regards to proccessor.

srry bout posting twice my computer froze i thought it didnt post
    :: pr0 ::

Froze did it? Not too much liberally with the AS3 then? Soz just foolin' with ya.

I deleted the double for ya anyway. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information