Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Volcano 9 sucks?

hey, i'm new at this and any suggestions would be helpful :)
    have a 1.4ghz t-bird and its running pretty hot(and noisy) i used to have a sk-6 from thermalright and it runs around 43C/109F (load) and with that 5000rpm 60mm y-s tech fan, i just couldnt handle the noise anymore, decide to take on the new volcano 9 and it got props from every review. i cleaned the die and laid a thin layer of arctic silver 3 on it and now MBM reads 52C/126F idle even at full speed . dont really understsand why is that since everyone else has somewhat good experiene even saw someone with a 1800+ get 42C (is it just that 1800+ just cooler than the thunderbird?), i'm very desperate and thinking of putting the sk-6 back on, help help:shoot2:

i've got a v9 and I've got temps around 39...did you move it around a lot when you were putting it on? you might have moved most of your ac3 off...what fan speed are you running?
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

its at full speed and sounds just like a hair dryer, i did have a little trouble putting the mobo back into the case, so should i reapply the AS and let it sit for a while maybe?

give it a try..ac3 dosn't perform to it's full potential until after a few days of use...but it wont make a 10 C difference

I would take it off, clean it, reapply ac3, and put it back on

btw, it may be easier if you remove the mobo to put it on...it does have a rather large base :)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

[b]That's the reason I keep tellin' ppl to get the Volcano 7+ as it cools better plus doesn't have the noise factor either. Is it my fault that ppl don't listen and go and buy the 9 anyway? :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

maybe i should just buy a slk-800 or a swiftech and slap that smart fan on it, as it is now i dont think it is too smart running at full speed with 50+dBa, someone else give me some help on the that stupid vocalno 9 please

Thread Information