Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Fan Controller Article

One of the things I would like to have seen in the article is which, if any, of these things will fit inside the doors of the popular Antec/Chieftec/Chenming cases.

While I am at it, anyone have experience comaring the Antec BB fans for the Antec cases with replacements / substitutions from another manufacturer ?

My son has four 80 mm fans (2F + 2R), a 92 mm very quite fan on the Zalman cooler, a Antec TriLite fan on the window. The only ones I seem to hear are the rear and the window ones. The two fronts come with the case and I wonder if the vendor installed different model no. Antec fans in the rear.....shoulda checked before putting it all togetehr <g>.

one thing that was not mentioned is that the Vantec fanbus makes a buzzing sound when the power to some of the fans is reduced

It's very annoying since one of the reasons for getting a fanbus is to reduce noise
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

The best fans to get are Papst 8412N/2GML or Panaflow.

Look on www.silentpcreview.com, they have a list of what fans make how much noise/airflow.

Really a good idea b4 you buy anything, but I am too late. I didn't find it until after I had 6 80mm's in my case too.
    1700+ @ 2084MHz (166x12.5) -|- SLK-800 w/120mm Fan -|- MSI Ti4200 291/581 -|- 512 ddr PC2700 Crucial @ 372MHz -|- 30gb BB & 80gb JB WD -|- Asus A7V(D'oh)8X -|- CT Dragon Alu w/ 6 80mm Case fans -|- 3DMark2001 score = 12777 -|-

Rack:

The odd thing is that the "stock" Antec fans (the ones that come with the case are quiet......the three Antec fans that were ordered as an "option" are the ones I hear.

Jack

Rack:

BTW, that's a dead link.

Jack

Strange, works for me. ;)

May be a locational thing. It is dead for me as well.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Ha fixed it as he has the link elsewhere but here the link included the comma which was screwin' it for ya's (probably worked for me cause I'd been there before from the other link). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Sorry guys, should have noticed that comma actually. Normally put a space between a link and a comma. Well spotted Wiggo

Jack:
    I am not sure but Antec could just relabel fans from another company. The fact that they don't have a part number seems to indicate that.

Do they actually manufacture??
    1700+ @ 2084MHz (166x12.5) -|- SLK-800 w/120mm Fan -|- MSI Ti4200 291/581 -|- 512 ddr PC2700 Crucial @ 372MHz -|- 30gb BB & 80gb JB WD -|- Asus A7V(D'oh)8X -|- CT Dragon Alu w/ 6 80mm Case fans -|- 3DMark2001 score = 12777 -|-

Thread Information