Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy idea i just had

As I was getting readdy to surf the TTforums and eat some snacks, i got my cola out of the fridge, when idea stuck me.
    coulndt you put in a can or to off cold (insert your soft drink here) into a case, to lower the temps.
    Since you have airflow thourgh the case there would be no problems w. condesation.
    and when they get warm, pop them back into the fridge.

It might not be the brightest idea, but it doesnt cost much.

Been wondering if my computer would survive outside in the winter if I built it a nice little shelter from the snow. ....Of course then I'd need extension cords for all my peripherals ... guess I'd have to use no-cd cracks on every thing ... then I'd need a bigger harddrive ... then the neighbor's kid would steal the whole thing .......:flames:
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

If your case is running so hot that you have to put ICE in it to cool it down, I think you have some problems that a can of cola probably isn't gonna fix. :?:

The only drinks in my fridge is beer and I'm damned if I'm goin' to let my PC warm them up.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    The only drinks in my fridge is beer and I'm damned if I'm goin' to let my PC warm them up.
    I second that!!
    <h6><font color=black>P4 2.53Mhz cooled by <a href="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/orbs/dragon478s.htm" target="_blank"><font color=green>TT P4 Dragon HSF</font></a>
    Asus P4PE 533Mhz fsb board w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> Tiger Orb chipset HSF
    Samsung 512MB PC2700 DDR333 Cas 2.5
    WD 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    Seagate 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    VisionTek G4 Ti4600 w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> G4 Copper VGA HSF & RAMsinks
    Using nVidia 42.68 Dets w/DX 9
    Samsung 16x DVD
    Lite-On 40X12X48 CD-RW
    Creative SB Live 5.1 X-Gamer
    Creative Inspire 5.1 Speakers
    <font color=red>Tt</font color> 420 watt PSU w/dual fans
    Viewsonic G810 21" CRT
    WinXP Pro Corp w/SP-1

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    I try not to "drink and Surf!" hehehe

No it's,"I wil drink and surf". :p

Fridge is 4' from me. :D

Wiggo, why so far?

Quote Originally Posted by lucas
    Wiggo, why so far?
    lol!

Maybe he has one of those funky robotic arms and needs an excuse to play with it. :p

I don't know about the condensation thingy. I've had cold cans in places were there was great wind flow, but still when I picked it up there was quite a bit of condensation.

I think you have to worry also about humidity levels, air saturation temperature, and so on. If you just put a can on top of you cpu you will probably still get condensation. Also, how would you connect the two? No part of the can is flat so there is no good contact patch?

Maybe just buy an extra fridge and put your whole PC inside. :p
    Actually I think some people have actually done that. Someone bought a cryogenic freezer to build a computer in. :eek:
    Someday I would like to become knowledgeable so that I could do penance for all the stupid questions I have and have yet to ask.

Actually the motorbike stops the fridge from bein' any closer. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information