Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best way to drop my avg comp temperature by 10-15

The problem most likely is a driver issue. I agree with everyone else, your temps are great. Mine run 33c idle and 42c under load running SETI. Is that a G4 Ti4000 series card? If it is you should add some memory heatsinks on it to help cool it. Have you tried differents drivers for your vid card? sound card? Have you done any other driver updates? Is this a new problem or has your system always done this? What are the specs of your PC?

minibubba - that's an unusal looking hsf

It's a stock Intel hsf.
    <h6><font color=black>P4 2.53Mhz cooled by <a href="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/orbs/dragon478s.htm" target="_blank"><font color=green>TT P4 Dragon HSF</font></a>
    Asus P4PE 533Mhz fsb board w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> Tiger Orb chipset HSF
    Samsung 512MB PC2700 DDR333 Cas 2.5
    WD 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    Seagate 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    VisionTek G4 Ti4600 w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> G4 Copper VGA HSF & RAMsinks
    Using nVidia 42.68 Dets w/DX 9
    Samsung 16x DVD
    Lite-On 40X12X48 CD-RW
    Creative SB Live 5.1 X-Gamer
    Creative Inspire 5.1 Speakers
    <font color=red>Tt</font color> 420 watt PSU w/dual fans
    Viewsonic G810 21" CRT
    WinXP Pro Corp w/SP-1

looks a lot like my Asus ti 4600 card...minus the heat sinks..hhmmmmm I would say bow some damn air thru that thing!@!!!!! install acouple of decent fans and a GOOD after market HSF on the CPU and then see what happens...and your temps ( like everyone else is saying ) are good...my cpu runs a lot hotter than that at times and doesnt lock.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfin
    minibubba - that's an unusal looking hsf

It's a stock Intel hsf.
    lol, I guess you can tell I'm an amd fan:thumb:

I havn't seen an intel chip since the pIII:cheers:

but i do think it looks kinda odd, at least from that angle
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

ok so far as people have guessed --> it is intel, and it is a ti4600

i have tried different drivers, and it's about a 4month old problem, i never got around to finding out what it was until last week cuz i had too much school crap to do.

and to the question as whether or not it has a top fan, there's nothing at the top of the case, but i do feel air coming out from where the power box is...

and someone asked for specs so:
    p4 2 gig
    512 rimm
    ti 4600
    2 maxtor 60 gigs 7200rpm
    audigy gamer
    intel d850mv mb
    dx9
    win2k

i'm gonna head off to my local computer store this afternoon, and probably pick up some fans, so if anyone's willing, can you point out the best places for me to put fans, and how many?

btw guys, thnx for the huge amount of replys overnight

place fans in the circled areas, there may be some other areas that i can't see

does size matter?
    (pardonthepun)

Usually bigger fans are a little more quiet and produce more cfm's, but you will need fans that fit the stock mounting of your case, unless you plan on cutting your own holes. You will be fine installing one 80mm fan in each location that minibubba circled. You may want to also install a fan in the top of your case to expel the hot air that gathers up there. The stock Intel hsf cools very well for stock, but a Volcano 7 will do a little better. Also, had you made any changes to your PC around 4 months ago when the problem started?

Minibubba - I wouldn't recognize an AMD hsf because most people have Volcano 7's on them.
    <h6><font color=black>P4 2.53Mhz cooled by <a href="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/orbs/dragon478s.htm" target="_blank"><font color=green>TT P4 Dragon HSF</font></a>
    Asus P4PE 533Mhz fsb board w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> Tiger Orb chipset HSF
    WD 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    Seagate 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    VisionTek G4 Ti4600 w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> G4 Copper VGA HSF & RAMsinks
    Samsung 16x DVD
    Lite-On 40X12X48 CD-RW
    Viewsonic G810 21" CRT
    WinXP Pro Corp w/SP-1

mrfin, you had better change that to say "7+" the v7 wasn't too good. And to be honest I don't know what a stock amd hsf would look like either, I always buy OEM :)

like he said, you will need to get fans to fit those spots unless you want to start modding your case. From the looks of it, I would say those are made for 80mm fans.

Yup 80mm fans..no doubt...

V7+ would be great or nine for that matter. To tell the truth both of those HSF's are are going for 28 bucks at newegg. I perfer the 7+.:blowkiss:
    - Damien

Sorry. I did mean 7+.
    WD 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    Seagate 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    Samsung 16x DVD
    Lite-On 40X12X48 CD-RW
    Viewsonic G810 21" CRT
    WinXP Pro Corp w/SP-1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information