Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CoolerMaster

Does anyone have any experience with these? I picked up a Cooler Master IHC-L71 CPU cooler the other day since both of the Tt ones I was looking at had bent fins. I've checked a few sites but couldn't find any reviews. It advertises 2.8GHz and higher and a "silent heat pipe"

I plan to push my new 2.4GHz chip (533) as far as it will go... think this will handle it?

The fins on a 7+ are meant to be curved. : omg:

They were pretty messed up actually. Looked like they were both dropped. the salesman ended up taking them off the shelf.

That's ok then. :thumb:

Did they :snip: the idiot who dropped it? :?:

Chech this out, http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp_p9.htm ;)

If I were them I would :snip: :hammer: and then :shoot3: :barf: and maybe:shoot3: : peace: :shoot2: the person who droped it
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

thanks for the link. :thumb:

After installing the new Coolermaster, it holds a steady 69*C :wow: Seems kinda high to me, almost pushing the limit (74* :?:) if i remember correctly. Any suggestions on what could be causing this or how to remedy it?

are you sure the heatsink is in direct contact with the cpu? what about the airflow in your case how many fans are you running in your case? and is your cpu overclocked?
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

I'm pretty sure it's in direct contact. When I pulled it off, the thermal paste looked like it was all in contact.
    I have 2 80mm intake fans at the bottom front and just the PS fan (dual) as an exaust right now. I just got the thing up & running & plan to add another exaust fan as soon as I get a chance to run to the store. not overclocked. Temp. still seems too high though. Do ya think a few more fans would really bring it down 25 - 30 degrees?

I guess i'll just have to keep messin with it & if I can't bring the temp. down, maybe look into a new heatsink.

I guess that would be the best thing to do....what was the temp of your other heat sink fan?

Well, i took off the heatsink to see about lapping it, and noticed a convex curve on the bottom. Only about 1/2 of the CPU was touching it. I went & picked up a Volcano 7+ & installed that. Still the same problem! :confused:

I used sandra AND Motherboard monitor to check the temp. Both say 69*C, but the BIOS says 29*C, so I called Albatron to ask them, they say go with what the BIOS says. I'd really hate for them to be wrong.

Is it possible both Sandra 2003 and MBM5 are both showing me the wrong temp.? could they be reading the wrong sensor? they both show 3 temps., but the MOBO only has 2 sensors suposedly (at least the BIOS only shows 2) Albatron is going to send me a new Beta BIOS with a 3rd sensor soon. maybe that'll help. Until then, any suggestions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information