Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: What does it mean when it say "Power Fan Below Thressho

what does it mean? if i tick the box it blinks "Power Fan Below Threshold" if i leave it untick it says monitor pause?:devil win :wow: :lips:

what software is this in? it might mean that one of ur fans doesnt have the connector to the mobo pushed in all the way.

it could also mean that the fan is thermaly controled and is spinning at an rpm below the threshold set in the software
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

It sounds to me like you are using the ASUS PC Probe software. If this is the case, then open the PC Probe and select Settings. You will see that you can change the RPM's for the Power Fan Threshold. This setting allows you to set a point at which it will alarm you when the power fan's rpm's have gone below that mark.
    <h6><font color=black>P4 2.53Mhz cooled by <a href="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/orbs/dragon478s.htm" target="_blank"><font color=green>TT P4 Dragon HSF</font></a>
    Asus P4PE 533Mhz fsb board w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> Tiger Orb chipset HSF
    Samsung 512MB PC2700 DDR333 Cas 2.5
    WD 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    Seagate 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    VisionTek G4 Ti4600 w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> G4 Copper VGA HSF & RAMsinks
    Using nVidia 42.68 Dets w/DX 9
    Samsung 16x DVD
    Lite-On 40X12X48 CD-RW
    Creative SB Live 5.1 X-Gamer
    Creative Inspire 5.1 Speakers
    <font color=red>Tt</font color> 420 watt PSU w/dual fans
    Viewsonic G810 21" CRT
    WinXP Pro Corp w/SP-1

Yer, sounds to me like Asus Probe. You can set the power fan minimum to 1600RPM I think, but if your fan spins slower (eg temp controlled) you'll get that message. Also, do you even have a fan hooked up to the power fan header?! Usually for monitoring PSU fans, if your PSU has the extra RPM wire.
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx
    Also, do you even have a fan hooked up to the power fan header?!
    I use the ASUS PC Probe and you must have a fan connected to the power fan connector or that setting will be grayed out. So he must have a fan connected.

Onyx - you are right about the temp controlled fans though, they sometimes run below 1600rpm's and that would trip the Probe alarm, even at the lowest settings.

MLON - Hello, are you there, did our suggestions help. We like to help people with their problems, not just talk to ourselves.
    <h6><font color=black>P4 2.53Mhz cooled by <a href="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/orbs/dragon478s.htm" target="_blank"><font color=green>TT P4 Dragon HSF</font></a>
    Asus P4PE 533Mhz fsb board w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> Tiger Orb chipset HSF
    Samsung 512MB PC2700 DDR333 Cas 2.5
    WD 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    Seagate 40GB 7200rpm HDD
    VisionTek G4 Ti4600 w/<font color=red>Tt</font color> G4 Copper VGA HSF & RAMsinks
    Using nVidia 42.68 Dets w/DX 9
    Samsung 16x DVD
    Lite-On 40X12X48 CD-RW
    Creative SB Live 5.1 X-Gamer
    Creative Inspire 5.1 Speakers
    <font color=red>Tt</font color> 420 watt PSU w/dual fans
    Viewsonic G810 21" CRT
    WinXP Pro Corp w/SP-1

Thread Information