Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is interesting...

FLaCo

Too much weight can overcome the spring tension of the holddown clip and separate the heatsink from the cpu. You can only increase the spring tension so much before it becomes too hard to install and also may shear off the **** on the socket. That's why the heaviest heatsinks use 4 bolts/pins at the corners to secure them. Not all mobo models have the 4 mounting holes. The holes weaken the structure of the board and heavy heatsinks add extra stress at the same point. At some point with either system you have to comprimise between efficiency and weight.

Thanx for clearing that up...BJUSA...:)
    - Damien

You also may want to check www.silentpcreview.com since they also review a number of air cooling options including the SLK800.

Yep they even do the SLK900 but the tests they do arn't static enough for a reliable comparison but gee the small difference in coolin' for double the price (and likely noise) I'll stick with the V7+'s. :devil:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

currently im just using the hsf that came with the cpu, is dragon orbs any good for socket A at all?

Wiggo has convince me on getting the v7+ the only thing i hate it its big, but i suppose thats ok right?

:smokin: : peace: : peace2: wings:

If you're concerned about the size, then you'll want to stay away from the Dragon Orb. They're a good deal larger than the Volcano series coolers. And while they are the best Orb style cooler available, they're still not as good as others on the market (including the Volcano 7+ that Wiggo has been ranting about). :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information