Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is interesting...

I got this from overclockers cafe. This is suprising as I thought tt volcano was the best.:confused:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

here it is
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Hmmm... looks like an idiot posting above me. Glad to see he got his comupins. :rofl:

As to the Tt cooler, it isn't the best on the market, but it does a suitable job and is better than most. I'll be seeing about getting one in for review soon as I'm getting ready to start testing another batch of heatinks. I'll let y'all know what I find out. :)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Ya, stupid spammer bot or person. So which is the best cooler in the world or usa ?

Well it certainly doesn't look like stickin' a SMART FAN II on the 7+'s base improved things (except the amount of noise of course) but no the SLK800 is the pinacle atm but the huge fans that are fitted to them to get those temps will deafen ya in the end. :eek:

I use the 7+'s here as they're half the price of the SLK800 without a fan but if ya case has good airflow then ya shouldn't need to spend anymore than a 7+. :devil win
    <center>:cheers:</center>

That really depends on how far you're willing to go and how much you have to spend. If you're looking for the best bar none, then start checking into custom cooling rigs that utilize LN2 (thats liquid nitrogen). These setups are generally very pricey since you're buying and creating custom parts and the processors tend to burn out quickly.

If you're looking for crazy cooling that will still allow you to use the processor next week, then you might check out phase change coolers. They don't garner the massive below zero temperatures, but they can run very nicely at the -10C range with little trouble. They are also quiet, but you have to prepare to handle condensation.

Another cooling solution in the same performance range but considerably less expensive is peltier (thermo-electric) cooling. It uses the scientific theory that if you get one side of a conductive material really hot, the other side will get very cold to compensate. That is VERY basic, but the theory is sound and does work. The main drawback here is that peltiers tend to burn out all of a sudden with little to no warning. This usually leaves you with a piece of useless silicon after the processor melts down.

Water is the next step up and generally gives results that are in the general area of the ambient room temperature. Its biggest benefit besides ambient running temperatures is a quiet operation. No fans are required in this type of cooling setup so you can run very workable temperatures without a large amount of noise. Of course, you have to be willing to trust the cooling device enough to introduce water into an electrical component.

Finally is air cooling. There is probably more flexibility in this type of cooling than any other. There are budget coolers that are workable (Volcano 7+ comes to mind) and there are very expensive sinks that require motherboards of a certain type to use but offer excellent cooling in return (Swiftech fits in this category). The Thermalright coolers have also fallen into the very high end in terms of performance, but I can't give you my recommendation on this line because I haven't personally tested them.

So, it really depends on several factors. Just go with what you feel is right for you and your own system. :)
    My Toys

thanks for that mini-novel I almost forgot I was at my comp I really thought I was reading a book there for a sec:D

Very inlightening thanks a bunch:cheers:

So are the copper heatsinks really that good?

Yes if ya get one make sure that it's full copper and not an alloy/copper hybrid.

Here's a good HSF comparison, http://www.dansdata.com/coolercomp.htm ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

You asked, I answered. :D

And yes, copper is that much better because it dissipates heat better then aluminum, but it is also a good deal heavier so heatsink manufacturers sometimes try to find a happy medium (hence the copper cores in some designs).
    My Toys

In what way can wieght affect you, when it comes to heatsinks?
    - Damien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information