Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got one for ya

Ok how's this one for you... My comp has two smart fan 2 intakes and two exhaust and a dual fan Thermaltake PSU. A TT 7+ HSF. When I run the intake fans at max speed the temps go up:confused: :?: :confused: If I turn both of the intakes off and run the two exhaust fans at about half speed the temps go down. The real kicker is....It doesn't matter what speed i run the HSF at, as long as its over about what i guess the Medium setting would be...nice huh? just did another experiment with it....both intake off and all others about 1/2 speed cpu temp 35c sys temp 30c and ambient case temp 22. Now with only one intake fan on full speed cpu is 38c sys temp is 31c and ambient case temp is 23.6. go figure! any thoughts?:?: :confused: :?:

The airflow through your case is appearently more efficient without the intake fans. They must generate turbulance or cause re-direction of the airflow that results in a smaller volume of air per minute traveling past hot components. You'll have to change the fan placement, component layout (including cables), intake air ports, and /or fan design (another brand?) to acheive better results with the intake fans running.

I was kinda considering the engine aspect of it...ya know...if you pull the thermostat out of an engine it can cool things down, but at the same time the radiator doesnt hold the water in it long enough to get saturated by the temps and then transfers that heat back to the block which doenst hold the water in long enough to transfer the heatto it enough and you end up with water that doesnt cool and doesnt pull enough heat from the block to be efficient. Perhaps i am getting to much airflow and it doesnt have enough time to pick up heat on its way outa the case? Maybe?:confused:

OR, You could give them to me!! :D
    C'mon, you know you want to. They are only slowing you down!!!!
    Pretty please!!!!
    I'm runnin at 40C here!!!!!!

:cheers:

forgot to post the pic of the case on the last one there....I dont think i have a problem with airflow...its pretty much an open shot straight thru

Quote Originally Posted by CheeZmonZter
    Perhaps i am getting to much airflow and it doesnt have enough time to pick up heat on its way outa the case? Maybe?:confused:
    Think about it this way, go at 40MPH and stick your hand out the window, than go 80MPH you have a lot more cooler temps (that you feel, but the air temp is the same) So I dont think thats it.
    But a good point!

I still say give them to me!!! :laugh:

I just gave away 3 of those noisey suckers. :laugh:

The prob is that they work too good and the air doesn't stay in the case long enough to take the heat with it. I wasn't jokin' just noise wise when I said that it was a relief gettin' rid of them, Thunder fully fitted with 6 x 34cfm fans stays cooler than with those stupid TT SCF II's.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

CheeZmonZter

If you pull the thermostat out of an engine it runs cold all of the time as the coolant circulates freely. The engine needs to run at higher than ambient temps especially when it's cold out. The thermostat closes to raise the engine temp.

Wiggo
    I don't think that the length of time the air is in the case should affect it as there is a constant air exchange - a liter of slow air may take more heat away per liter, but more liters per minute (each taking a little less than the slow ones) should make up for that.

I've doodled on the case pic to illustrate my best guess. (I'm not an engineer, so it is, only a guess.)

I wonder if I were to install one of the Drive Bay coolers if that would help out at all? The temps have certainly dropped since i pulled the 34cfm led fans out there! but I guess that one of the TT fans is pulling what two of those guys did

What kind of hsf was that again?
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information