Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: hd cooler

hey my hd is running really hot and i have an extra processor fan around and i was wondering on what part of the hard drive should the fan be blowing, the top or bottom, bottom being the part where you can see the chip.

it depends on what types of prossor fan u got,but that idea is kinda bad.

u can blow air in the chips.

go buy a HD cooler at like www.coolerguys.com or other sites, they ar like 20 bucks.
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

oppps,i mean u need to blow air out of the chips. there ar also a type with the baydrive.
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

While hard drive coolers are a good thing, you'll get the best cooling if you can mount an 80mm fan into the front bezel of the case. You'll want this fan sucking in cool air and as it helps cool the hard drive, it will also greatly enhance the overall cooling of all components.

Remember, the best airflow in your case should be fresh air coming INTO the case from the lower/front portion and then being blown OUT OF the case from the upper rear area. This allows for the natural rising of heated air and then the expulsion of it from the back of the case.

Good luck. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

on my case the way it is my hd has no open air space, right below it is a metal plate and above it is my floppy drive, so i'm gonnna cut away some of that metal plate to let the hd breath a little, see if that helps, thanks for the tips guys!

No problem at all, but if youre gonna mod the case for a fan, make sure that you look into some sort of filtration for it. Dust is one of our worst enemies and you should take active measures to combat it. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I cut out a place to put the extra proc. fan, if you guys are interested in seeing pics just say so and i'll take them

Thread Information