Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Is there any way to get the PSU fans spin faster?

I have Enermax EG301AX-VE(G)FM 300W PSU, which fans are heat adjustable. The fans speed scale is 1000-3000rpm. My Asus probe monitoring program shows the PSU fans spins (only) 1100-1400rpm. Yestyrday, when I opened my case and touched the PSU, it was quite hot on the sides (didnīt measure the temp, but I estimate about 50C). The PSU temp have to be quite high, before the fans are spinning even over 2000rpm! Is there any way to get them spin faster (it would propably help the overall heat exhaust), alltough they are automatically adjustable? :?:

Whatever ya do will void warranty but I'd just replace the fans with normal ones instead of shuntin' the thermal sensors. ;)

I think the PSU isnīt worth to changing the fans. :rolleyes: In six months I might buy a new one anyway (with manually adjustable fans), or even sooner, if the new Radeon 9x00 (which Iīm also intended to buy) wonīt work with this 300W PSU. :D :D

Thread Information