Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are Your Cpu's Runnin hot? I got the solution!

I have been looking into setting up a cpu duct similar to that for quite a while now. i was almost about to go out and buy the parts for it until i stumbled across duct kit right here > http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/show_p...tegory_id]=375

I will probably set it up between an Vantec 80mm (84.1 CF/Min) then to my YS Tech 70mm TMD (39 CF/Min), so i will ideally have 123.1 CF/Min of air heading to my HS

The only problem is that i currently have is that the Vantec 80mm fan being used as an outtake, so after switching it to in intake, i will have buy 2 more vantec's just to to even out the air flow in the case again :(

Yet to decide where to put em though.. not much room left in my case to play around too much :(
    'Life is what you make of it'

For system specs goto my webpage, and have a lookie under the 'pc specs' area

Probably wouldn't work very well for me since it's 105f outside right now.. :(

I have seen that duct kit too, and it looks pretty sweet. They even have it in blue and other colors now. This is something I might look into if my system needs a little extra cooling.

Chez

PS And on the best Thermal paste, Shin Etsu is the best. I just read a review about it and it clearly blows away all Artic silver stuff. I couldn't find any of the shin etsu stuff. So I went with the Cooler Master Premium, made by shin etsu. It takes 3 days to "cure" but clearly (on the graph) drops temps about 4degrees below any of the others out there.
    Lapping is always a good idea too.
    The whole process needs to be done to get a good effect from any product. IMHO

Well I modified the cooling tube that came on my computer last night. The hole over the HSF is about 4 times as big as the actual HSF, so I cut a piece of cardboard to fit in there so it would only go into the HSF. Temp. dropped about 4 C.:hammer:
    Just arrived Feb. 6, 2003!

HP Pavilion 734n - Athlon 2400+ @2.0 GHz, 80 GB Hard drive, 16x DVD-ROM, 40x10x40 CD-RW, nVidia GeForce4 MX 420 64 MB, 512 MB RAM, Windows XP Home

vpr Matrix 17" Monitor 1796 - Max resolution, 1600x1200 @72 Hz. 1280x1024 @85 Hz.

Never above 32 and idles in the 20s most of the time. Artic Silver III. my OWN custom case modifation to get fresh outside air to the CPU HS.:D
    "Former Nebraskan... fix it with bailin' wire."
    Vern

SYSTEM:
    MULTIBOOT -> Windows XP, ME and Mandrake 9.2 Linux

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

Kingston Hyper X 1GB DDR CAS 2 set agressively!
    Custom fan cooler for CPU
    USB 2.0 all onboard no card
    GeForce4 MX440 AGP 64MB DDR Video Card
    10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    Leadtek TV 2000 XP video input card PCI
    160 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD 8MB buffer
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner
    Pioneer DVR-105 DVD Burner
    Logitec optical mouse on adapter
    DW 6000 Satellite 2-Way internet connection