Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XP2100+ Help

My 0.18 Micron XP2100+ cpu is running quite hot, i can't get it to run below 53c idle. I know this is quite high but I can't honestly see why. I use a Volcano7+ and Artic Silver 3, one 80 mm fan in and one out of the case. I even tryed running the case open but it made no difference at all.

I know I've mounted the hsf right, and used the right layer thickness with the paste to.
    (done this before on 15-20 cpu's with no probs at all)

On many systems i put together the temp fell about 4-5c within a couple of weeks operation. This due to the paste "burn in process" i guess. But that doesn't matter because this one is just way to high even if it drops 4-5c. What should be a normal temp for these old 0.18 Micron cpu's..:?:

Could this be a Bios reading error..:?: Like the ones Asus is known to have. (Note this is an MSI mobo though). I run the second newest Bios version but the newest only add support to Barton and it doesn't say anything about no temperature monitor fix. :confused:

Btw the system runs 100% stable, i have put it through hell but it just wont become unstable.. :thumb: So this temp issue is more a perfection type of thing rather than technical problem..
    Any ideas/tip is greatly approciated.. /T

:cheers:

Sorry wrong thread my bad..

: omg:

Have ya got the clip installed the right way around with the contact point bein' right on top of the core? :?:

I have the same problem on my 1700+

runs way hot (50C in idle) but doesn't seem to effect the chip any. I have the volcano 9 (don't laugh, my kids love it when it lights up) and it dropped like 2C with arctic silver on it.

I can also overclock it to death with very little effect on temp, like I did once to make it a 2000+ with only a 1C rise.

now, I am also using a MSI mobo, kt4v. could there be something too this?

who knows? anyone have a suggestion?

Ok what ya maybe seein' is the true core temp and if that's the case then ya's have till about 65C when instabilty causes it to crash (my Gigabyte is like this, but it still gives me shivers watchin' it in the high 50C's). I think EPoX has calibrated the temps to keep them inline with the old ones so as not to give ppl heart failure. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Have ya got the clip installed the right way around with the contact point bein' right on top of the core? :?:
    Thx for the tip Wiggo but no I have mounted it the right way, I just flashed the Bios to. Now i have tryed everything. Oh well with a little bit of luck i will have a 2400+ today and then I will se how things go. I guess that cpu will run a bit cooler even though it's faster due to it's Micron 0.13.. Right.. :?:

Just noticed that Sandra measures my cpu temp to 46c.. Hope it's for real.. Also read that it's actually a thoughbred, i did not know that..

Yes that's likely the case and if ya got it in the last few months then there's a good chance that it's a "B" version plus I'll direct ya back to my 2nd post as a friend I was just chattin' to has that same mobo and thinks the same as I.

I see, yes i bought the sucker last week..
    Says that it's produced in february 03.

Well ya got a "B" my friend so overclock the **** outa it. :D

But if ya start goin' over 60C then take a look at ya case airflow. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information