Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Does Anyone Make...?

I've seen the HD coolers than replace one of the 5.25" bay covers w/a triple 40mm fan arrangement but they're rather loud. Does anyone make something similar that replaces 2 bay covers and uses perhaps 1 or 2 80mm fans? TIA!...
    Tomac

I don't recall seeing any like this, but that isn't to say that they don't exist.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I've never seen one either, but it might make an interesting project to build one.

I've got some spare drive bay covers. 2x80mm fans would be too wide to fit *in* the drive bay covers but I suppose I could modify 2 covers as vents then mount 2 fans just inside the drive bay itself. Hmmm....
    Tomac

Just something to consider here...

You'll get your best results if you can devise a way for the air to be moving from outside the case and then over the hard drive(s). Also, you'll want to consider the where that air will go once it has bounced around in your home made HDD cooler rack. With the massive amount of air being pushed by a pair of 80mm fans, this could be a good way to completely screw up your case's internal airflow by the sheer amount of turbulence caused when cooling off the hard drive(s).
    My Toys

On several occassions I've mounted dual 60mm fans into 2 x 5.25" bay plates which is more than enough for that purpose (I also have a few of those 3 x 40mm HDD bays and these I don't hear at all but the one you heard may have had the 20mm thick fans in it).

:wave: Give this review a try and see if it close to what you want!!:D

http://www.ocprices.com/index.php?re...action=reviews

Hope it is close!
    OZ 1(wife's)
    A7N266/PA/WOL, BluOrb on N'bridge
    1900+ w/Volcano 7 modded
    Crucial 512 PC2700 w/tt spreader
    VisionTek G3 Ti-200 w/BluOrb & sinks
    On Board Sound
    Maxter 7200 40Gig w/HDD Cooler
    52X CD-ROM
    TDK 40/16/48
    Generic Mid Tower
    w/Enerex EG365P-VE
    Envision 17" LCD
    Stock Settings
    Starting to Go (1.7)

i dont see why some people want a hd cooler, i mean if you have a cheetah15k.3 then get one, but if you have a nice little IDE drive i dont see a reason for it : peace:
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

The main reason for them is that some folks have cases without proper airflow. With the higher speeds of modern hard drives, the heat produced is getting pretty significant and the hot temperatures can result in a greatly reduced lifespan of the drive itself.

I will always recommend having the hard drives sitting behind an 80mm case fan drawing fresh cool air in from the front of the case, but if you cannot do this due to case design flaws, then a quality hard drive cooler is the way to go.
    My Toys

Thread Information