Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Termaltake Spark 7

If you really want a quiet heatsink, get a vapochill. These suckers can cool your cpu down to -20 C! Very quiet too. And cheap......if your a millionaire. $500!

Chaos

Go Prometia not Vapochill. Vapochills are more prone to causing damage to your cpu core during installation

Thanks guys, sounds like I'm getting the Spark 7 :)

I shoulda been more specific too...I didn't mean money is no object...Vapochill is a little too pricey just for an extra few hundred Mhz. Plus I have heard stories from owners about 3.06 P4's dying because the Vapo failed, so I just want a good solid HSF to push the 2.66 to somewhere like 3.3Ghz at a comfortable temp. The rest of my components should easily take that sort of FSB :)

PersianImmortal,

How do you like your MOBO? I just bought one of those and am waiting for my processor to arrive so I can put my much anticipated machine together. I just wondered what you thought of it. Is it good for overclocking? Did you have any installation prob. Anything you didn't like?

Chaos: peace2:

Motherboard is great...has virtually every feature you'd want. If you're using a SATA drive then you need to create a SATA driver disk before you can install Windows on it. Otherwise installation and use is easy. BIOS options very clear and the only problem with the E7205 chipset is that if you run a Radeon 9700 Pro you'll need to disable Fast Writes in SmartGart or you may experience lockups/problems.

It's probably one of the more overclocker-friendly boards around, with 1Mhz step FSBs from 100 to 200, and AGP/PCI Lock, votalge adjustment for AGP, Core and DIMM, plus the usual fare of options.

Overall I'm very happy with the system, I just want to make sure I overclock with plenty of cooling and get something 100% Prime95-stable :)

Yeah, I will be using SATA HDDs. Hopefully they aren't that hard to configure. Glad to hear positive feedback on the board. That is a plus.

Chaos:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos
    If you really want a quiet heatsink, get a vapochill. These suckers can cool your cpu down to -20 C! Very quiet too. And cheap......if your a millionaire. 0!

Chaos
    Well, since you're a millionaire, might as well go for the gold and get a Promiteia at $600........and like Wiggo.......from biulding lots of systems, i'd definitely go with the TT 7+ it works inspite of the Hype.......:thumb:
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    Thanks guys, sounds like I'm getting the Spark 7 :)

I shoulda been more specific too...I didn't mean money is no object...Vapochill is a little too pricey just for an extra few hundred Mhz. Plus I have heard stories from owners about 3.06 P4's dying because the Vapo failed, so I just want a good solid HSF to push the 2.66 to somewhere like 3.3Ghz at a comfortable temp. The rest of my components should easily take that sort of FSB :)
    have you had a look at the SLK900U? - it works with both AMD & P4's....it is a little pricey (~$45us) - but with the option to use 80 or 90mm fans, you should be able to put together a pretty quiet & efficient cooling solution.

At $110aus for the heatsink only when a 7+ is only $45aus I certainly wouldn't, looky here. :eek:

What do ya guys think of the Zhalman line of heatsinks?

Just curiosity, dude

Chaos:thumb:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information