Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where on Sandra do I find the CPU temp?

I donwloaded Sandra to try to find out the temp of my CPU, and I'm stumpped, I cant find out where it is. Could anyone help me. Another thing, I got my PC from Dell , and I can't find the watt's on my power supply, is there a Program that'll tell me how much wattage my power supply is. Thanks alot. :smokin:
    P4 2.4B, 1024 PC800 RdRAM,
    Sheety Video Card (mx420),
    Not enough power supply,
    probly runs hot,
    to broke to buy a DVD-rom, 40x10x40x cdrw
    80gig HD (probly 2mb cache)
    Brought to me all from Dell.
    (I'll build my next one)

well its located at mainboard info temp sensors both ur cpu and syst. temp r there
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

Sorry to be so iliterate at the moment, but I do not see anything, anywhere, even under "Mainborad Info" that says "Temp sensors" or "Temp" or anything to do with Temperture. Thanks for your help. :smokin:

Your mainboard is new enough to support the readings that Sandra picks up. ufuk21p was correct in directing you to the blue diamond icon labeled Mainboard Information. Depending on the chipset used in the mainboard it will be located between 1/3 and 1/2 the way down the listings. The heading will be "Temperature Sensor(s)".
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Nothing under "MainBoard Information" says "Temperture Sensors" I have the newest version of SISoftware... There is somthing that says "Thermal stake" and to the right it says "Safe", and that's all I can see as far as Temp's go... Anyone else have this prob.... Thanks

Being a Dell it's very likely that the mobo doesn't have the required hardware (Winbond or such like chip) to let software properly monitor the CPU's temp other than to let you know if it's ok or not.

Try and download a program like hmonitor, and set the sensor to DIODE (measuring temperature from internal CPU diode). Proprietary machine or not, don't matter... If your proc has an internal cpu diode for measuring temps, it will measure 'em (and all modern day proc's have these :) ... But they're not extremely accurate, plus/minus 5 C worst case usually).
    <font size=1>Pentium 4 2.53GHz @ 3.515GHz (FSB: 185; VCore: 1.725)</font>
    <font size=1><a href="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/heatsink/v7plus.htm">ThermalTake Volcano 7+</a></font>
    <font size=1><a href="http://www.albatron.com.tw/product/PX845PEV_800.asp">Albatron PX845PEV-800</a></font>
    <font size=1>512MB Samsung DDR333 @ DDR370</font>
    <font size=1><a href="http://www.ati.com/products/pc/radeon9700pro/">Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB</a></font>
    <font size=1><a href="http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/product/proddetail.html?prodkey=ASC-29160">Adaptec 29160 Ultra160 SCSI Controller</a></font>
    <font size=1><a href="http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/marketing/detail/0,1081,321,00.html">Seagate ST373405LW 73GB U160 SCSI</a></font>
    <font size=1>Enermax EG465P-VE 450watt PSU</font>
    <font size=1>CPU Temp (100%): 39 C; HDD Temp (100%): 31 C (100%); Chipset Temp (100%): 32 C</font>

Suicide the internal diode only has to talk to the BIOS but unless software can act thru a 3rd party chip (which picks up that signal) you ain't goin' to get anything.

That's odd. I have a Dell at work running the i845 chipset based board and it reports temperatures to Sandra. :confused:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

So is there any other software that is supposed to give Temps?
    :afro:
    P4 2.4B, 1024 PC800 RdRAM,
    Sheety Video Card (mx420),
    Not enough power supply,
    probly runs hot,
    to broke to buy a DVD-rom, 40x10x40x cdrw
    80gig HD (probly 2mb cache)
    Brought to me all from Dell.
    (I'll build my next one)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information