Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: voltage and temperature

i have an AMD athlon 900mhz running at 990mhz, i just bumped the fsb up to 110mhz. i want to do a voltage mod and i was wondering what kind of temps to expect. right now ive got a evercool cud725 (all copper) and my case is plenty cool enough and my cpu temp is 40C idle and 44C under load. if i boost the voltage to 1.85v what kind of temperatures should i see? thanks :confused:

That's a very hard question to answer as there are to many variables involved and tryin' it ya self is the only way to find out. You will get an increase though.

there wont be a damaging amount of heat though will there? or is that another silly question?

There shouldn't be as 1.85v is usually the max for average air coolin' to handle but higher will require more extreme measures.

thanks man, i just was wondering about these temps cuz i have to do all my voltage and multiplier mods with the pencil connecting bridges (damn k7s5a) so its a lot of trouble to keep messin with the voltage so i only wanted to do it once. didnt want to change it back cuz of too high temps. oh ya, do u have an idea of what i should set the multiplier and fsb to to get the best speed, thanks

I gave my K7S5A away as it really wasn't worth the effort and it certainly doesn't have the performance of others. If ya grab a mobo like the old 8K3A which has all the necessary adjustments and unlock the CPU it should be able to run the 133MHz FSB at a multiplier between 8 and 9.

well until i get some cash im stuck with this beast. for temporary soloution how does a 10x mult. and the bump up the fsb from 100 to as high as i can get with 1.85v. or should i use that voltage and just bump up the fsb and leave the multiplier at 9x(stock)? :afro:

The only way to find out will be to try it. :devil win

Thread Information