Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temperature Moniters?

I was looking into some temp moniters (like LCD i guess that fit into the 5.25 bay) but how do some people get the temperature of their hd and does the mobo have something to do with it?
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

thx ur all to helpful, but i think im looking for something more liek the L.I.S. LCD thing on xoxide

Yeah i have one of those, its really useful :D . I think most people who post hdd temps use a similar device and just put the thermal probe somewhere on the hdd, personally i have one on my cpu, and the other measuring my gfx card temps :thumb:

can u tell me model name + a link to it or something, does it use its own thermal probes or does it like connect to the computer and read teh mobo temps cuz i have a gigabyte and they are like 6C too hot

can u tell me model name + a link to it or something, does it use its own thermal probes or does it like connect to the computer and read teh mobo temps cuz i have a gigabyte and they are like 6C too hot
    toolbox, I have a ThermalTake Hardcano II. Here is the manufacturer's site: http://www.thermaltake.com/products/...r/hdcooler.htm .

It comes with two temp sensors that you can place on your HDD, video card, CPU, ... It doesn't get anything from the mobo (I have a ****ty intel board, and I can't even get the sensors to work) I paid $25 w/shipping at newegg.com: http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...cription=a1278 . My case is packed (I have a DVD, CDRW, NewQ, and the temp monitor)! Another nice feature about this one is that you mount your HDD in it, and there is a fan that blows onto it. Overall, I'm pleased with it.

-Josh

oh its a nice HD cooler :P nice, do you hvae a pic of where you put the temp sensors?

toolbox, this pic shows where you would put the sensor on a socket processor (I didn't take the pic though). Since I have a slot processor (Pentium 3) I put mine on the side, like you would put the sensor on a stick of ram. I put the other sensor on my hard drive right in the center. I'm going to move the hard drive sensor onto my video card's CPU when i overclock it. The fan is pretty small (only 40mm), so it only cools the drive 1 to 3 degrees, but it's better than nothing. If the pics on the earlier site didn't show it, you can mount a hard drive in this thing, and the fan on the front cools it.

-Josh

if you put it there wouldn't it interfere with the connection between the pins???

Actually the wires are very fine and cause no probs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information