Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: which cooler to get

i dont get you chaos LoL
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

I currently have 1 case fan at the back sucking air out. Would it be good to get 1 more to suck out and 2 more to blow air in the case? How can I tell if I can fit more case fans to the PSU? Ta.

2 intake fans would help (one low at the front and one in the side over the PCI slots) and most decent PSU's shouldn't have a prob with them depending on how many drives ya runnin' and it's total output wattage.

How do I put one over the PCI slots as there is no where to attach it? My case has 2 grills at the back to attach where I have 1 fan sucking air out of case and a couple of grills at the front bottom of the case. If I add another to suck out air where the CPU is and put 2 at the front bottom will that solve the air flow problem Also my CPU temp was at 39C when I left i just left as I left windows open and the room got cold but it shot up to 55C+ within a a couple of minutes. Would that not mean the CPU HSF is the problem? Btw does exhaust mean sucking air and intake mean blowing air? Also when the room temp is just a tad chilly the CPU is at 55C.

Get ya self a Volcano 7+ or if ya don't mind a bit of noise then a Volcano 11 but I find the "7+" more than enough for my overclocked systems.

I tried a Volcano 7+ at the local store when were trying to figure out the problem and it didn't make that much difference but I dont think we put thermal paste on.

Ya must use thermal paste but have ya got a picture or link to ya case? :?:

get some nice AS3, but wouldn't you want to make sure the CFMs work out like a bit mor eintake than exhuast?
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

What do you think of the Vantec Aeroflow or Coolmaster X-Dream HAC-V81 as I was thinking of getting that plus 2 or 3 more case fans ( 2 to blow air and 1 with the other sucking out one). Also if ya wanna know the system temp is around 35-40C from PC Alert 4. Btw, is exhaust sucking out air and intake blowing air?

I haven't tested that Vantec, but here is a review of the Cooler Master X-Dream cooler.

As to the blowing and sucking question, exhaust refers to removing the heated air from the case and this is generally called blowing. Intake brings in fresh air and is usually called sucking. As long as you keep a constant stream of air moving through the case, you'll do fine. Also, the lower temperatures within the case will provide cooler conditions for the HSF to work in allowing it to perform better. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information