Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: which cooler to get

I just built my new PC a couple of days back. I had a major problem with the CPU fan RPM. My mother board is the GA-8INXP. The sound of the CPU fan was starting to get on my nervs it was at 5400 RPM. I had a look around my PC case and discovered that all the intake holes where under the case, not much air was getting in cause the case was on a carpet. So i tore out a Fan from my old PC and fixed it over the other suction fan! I lifted my case of the carpet and put two old CDROMs under the case for some airflow. Now my CPU Fan is running around 3000 RPM. Nice and silent. :idea: :idea:

This is My RiG :thumb:

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/13d46...MWbs.A8O0ZNpFi

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/13d46...MWbs.AReX5m5.u

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/13d46...MWbs.AYpZuJBTl
    Pentium 4 3.06 HT
    Geforce 3 Ti500 soon to be 9800Pro
    Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
    2048 Dual DDR 400
    LG 19 inch Flatron F900B Monitor

Your sight ain't even working, bro.

hahaha i love his computer its great 3.06 ghz 2gb ram 9800 Pro, waht do you do for a living lol?
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Iv fixed the link! :rolleyes2

The older links where working fine when i put them on the first time. I dont know if the link changes every 24 hours or not. If they dont work by the time you see them ill just look for another place to put them on.

Sorry about the mess in the photos, those photos where taken on its first run.

Chaos i checked out your Ultimate sytem specs. The Radeon 9500 pro is a nice card but it depends on what type of games you want to run. The Seagate Barracuda i would totally forget, If i was you i would go for the new Western Digital Raptor 80GB Hard disk with 10.000 RPM. This SATA drive performs better than most top end SCSI hard drives of the market. :thumb:

t00lb0x im 24 and i study networking and dont work for a living. :D My hobby is to buy top end PCs and see how they run. I guess i can afford it.
    Pentium 4 3.06 HT
    2048 Dual DDR 400

heheh ok, and no the Raptor by WD is a great SATA, but the SCSI (especially Cheeta15k.3) run circles around it b/c SATA is relativily new, but i am looking at SATA b/c no need for round cables but you can only have 1 HD per channel (only if you gots like 3+ HDD its ok) but the raptor is the best SATA, but needs some more finetuning :D but its a good buy, if you dont mind the price

t00lb0x it depends on what your talking about. SCSI is good for serving information lets say on a college network etc, I agree it would run circles around the SATA. Now lets talk about your average desktop user, I had a SCSI drive before and it offered no more speed than my ATA-100 Maxtor Maxline Plus II 250GB. In fact the Maxtor ran 0.210 faster than SCSI in opening Adobe photoshop 7.0.

SCSI is simply the best in serving simultaneous information at speed. It also is the best at doing several operations at the same time. :D
    Pentium 4 3.06 HT
    2048 Dual DDR 400

yes, but im talking about stuff like fastest read/write time and stuff for gaming servers and rigs...i have a 80 gig 2mb version running right now in my comp, when i use a 80 8 mb my 2001 score raises almost 300 points...its same content + runing processes, were talking ABOSULTE faster not best for normal/average desktop use

Agreed!

It all comes down to user and what he wants to do. For a gamer like me, all i need is a SATA. For user that want to run a Game server etc would have to look at a Ultra SCSI. :cheers:

:thumb:
    Pentium 4 3.06 HT
    2048 Dual DDR 400

agreed LoL i got a one last Q:
    how much did ur right cost (in total)
    and some advice
    wait until 256MB 9800P comes out

i just want to point out that its $645 - SCSI 146GB (procewatch.com) and I can get 8mb 120GB Sata Baracudas for about $120. Which one would you choose???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information