Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which cooler to get

Hi, I have an athlon 1.667 with a MSI k7t 266 pro2-u. The computer is always in the 60's with the temp and was wondering what is the best AMD fan to get that isn't that too expensive.

damn thats hot.
    I got my xp1700+ running in the 1800mhz area and its 45C with load!!
    I am running Volcano7+, which is the cooler that I would recomend, its about 20bux and gets the job done as well as the 40dollar ones.
    Uless you want to go to liquid, its going to be the best bang for your buck. :thumb:

I am running 3 of them and they do better than the volcano9s that i got.:cheers:

There are several good coolers out there at a decent price, but with your current temperatures it is likely that you're experiencing a problem with case airflow (or lack of) more than a dodgey cooler. Get the airflow problem fixed first, otherwise the best cooler on the market won't help you.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Case airflow is likely a big factor with those temps but if ya can give us a link or pic to ya case and supply ya room temp while ya temps are bein' reported would help a lot (room temps are important).

hehehe i need to redo my case wiring (some round cables would help a LOT) and an front intake fan
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

hmm.. i think MSI mobos report very high temps .. mine are around ~65C but comp is stable even on hard load etc..

running a xp1700+@1.89ghz HSF-volcano9(soon to be volcano7+) at room temp, & case window off.

we'll see what happens with the volcano 7+

I took off the case and blew a 15cm desk fan into it and got the CPU at around 48C in windows just leaving it.

Glad sie got the temp. down. 60c is really really like hell in comparitive heat. I mean well I haven't been there in a while so I don't know but anyways that was hot.

Chaos:flames:

i've knowticed that my cpu temps just suddenly DROPPED like 3C before my max was 51 (full load) now its 50 but its overclocked 2.66@2.8
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

I see, very interesting. I will have to get back to you on that.

(that was my hidden joke of the day)

Chaos Ok wrong sign. :flames: there we go.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information