Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: replace cpu fan with what

i running a home built computer i built about 2 months ago, and i'm noticing my cpu fan that came with it is kind of noisy ,so my question is what would be a good choice for a replacement. here are some of my specs.--> thanks

a7n8x deluxe mobo
    (1)corsair pc3200c2, 512mb
    amd xp 2600+ cpu
    western digital special edition 80gb ata/100 hard drive
    windows xp pro, sp1
    ati radaon 9000 pro, graphics card
    lite-on cd drive 46x12x48

what hsf are u using? is it the stock, or did u buy a different hsf?

The heatsink and fan is the one that came with it

The ThermalTake Volcano 7+ is always a big favorite. It may be noisier at peak RPM but it does a great job at cooling. If your looking for less noise, you may want to look into a larger fan (and some sort of duct) which will allow for higher air flow at lower RPM.

i dont see why some people care about noise, i use the stock HSF with my intel and its not noisy at all, and if it is im playing BF42 and the noise of killing nazis is louder :P
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

don't see why some people care about noise, i use the stock HSF with my intel and its not noisy at all
    why? because i like to live in silence (probably the really reason is i need something to do) So i find reasons to change things!

The ThermalTake Volcano 7+ is always a big favorite. It may be noisier at peak RPM
    is it noisy than my stock fan, the heat isn't a problem since i haven't overclocked this puter.right now i'm running at 42c at idle.

Its likely not. I do not own one (yet) but since it has 3 different speeds, you can make it quite when typing out those boring essays, and crank it up for UT2003.

i seem to be only one who doesn't care about noise (but if i get enough $$$ imma get a chip-con water cooling :P)
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

i run a thermaltake vol 7 and it isnt that loud. i havent even been hot enough for it to hit full speed. it has a thermalzistor that will adjust the speed according to case temps. I'm really impressed with it and if i had another system, i would use it in there also
    i give it:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: out of 5.
    Hope this helps
    Night

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information